News Chipmakers Are Finally Raising Prices Amid the Global Chip Shortage

Giroro

Splendid
We all need to take a deep breath, and relax.
Everything is going to be ok.
This summer is going to be a fantastic time to finally get outside and enjoy the sunshine and nature.

We don't need to keep panic buying everything all the time. Its not worth it.

InvalidError

Titan
We don't need to keep panic buying everything all the time. Its not worth it.
Exactly what I would say if I wanted to panic-buy stuff myself to hopefully reduce competition :)

Memory for my new PC is already in-transit, now I have to settle on a motherboard before already limited choices get even more limited and prices on whatever crap is left shoot up.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
This summer is going to be a fantastic time to finally get outside and enjoy the sunshine and nature.
Maybe where you live. Thanks to global warming, summers here are getting hotter and hotter every year. 90+ degrees with 30%+ humidity is absolutely miserable weather to be outside doing anything. I have to keep buying computer equipment to mine so I can afford the higher electricity bills to air condition my home which makes my home hotter. It's a vicious cycle I can't get out of! AAHHHHHHH!!!!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Due to COVID-19, my supply of "I care about this" has run out. Due to logistics complications incurred by COVID-19 shortages, I am unable to restock "I care about this" feelings. Chip vendors, GPU AIBs, car dealers, game console manufacturers, SSD vendors, home improvement stores, and other related industries will need to adjust to my new normal. The cost of "I care about this" feelings has also jumped by 600% due to an internal motivation shortage.

Hey, if businesses can parrot this constantly now, so can we. Blame COVID-19 for everything you don't feel like doing or that is going wrong. Didn't buy that new CPU? COVID-19! Just got the medium meal instead of the large? COVID-19! Only one game this month instead of several? COVID-19! Cancelled Disney+ or Netflix? COVID-19!

All this chip shortage drama finally got me to spend time overclocking RAM. I hate tinkering with all those settings.

Reactions: Why_Me

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
And so it came to pass the resource wars of the 2020s...
blah, blah, blah, cursed earth and mega cities.

Actually I keep forgetting, this is the year of Johnny Mnemonic. So prepare for the black shakes as your cell phone infects your blood or something.

Reactions: bigdragon

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Due to COVID-19, my supply of "I care about this" has run out. Due to logistics complications incurred by COVID-19 shortages, I am unable to restock "I care about this" feelings. Chip vendors, GPU AIBs, car dealers, game console manufacturers, SSD vendors, home improvement stores, and other related industries will need to adjust to my new normal. The cost of "I care about this" feelings has also jumped by 600% due to an internal motivation shortage.

Hey, if businesses can parrot this constantly now, so can we. Blame COVID-19 for everything you don't feel like doing or that is going wrong. Didn't buy that new CPU? COVID-19! Just got the medium meal instead of the large? COVID-19! Only one game this month instead of several? COVID-19! Cancelled Disney+ or Netflix? COVID-19!

All this chip shortage drama finally got me to spend time overclocking RAM. I hate tinkering with all those settings.
You sure wrote a lot for someone who doesn't care. In fact, you post in practically every thread about shortages and GPU's about how "you don't care." If you don't care, then stop posting about it.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
You sure wrote a lot for someone who doesn't care. In fact, you post in practically every thread about shortages and GPU's about how "you don't care." If you don't care, then stop posting about it.
No, I don't post in every shortage thread saying that I don't care. Most of my posts have either been advocating for solutions to cut out the miners and scalpers, or reminding people that products have uses outside of gaming and mining. Thanks for taking the focus off the problem of just-in-time not-in-time logistics and companies using covid as an excuse for everything.