[SOLVED] Chipped GPU fuse, is it gonna die?

Dec 8, 2019
Recently i was re pasting my laptop GPU and CPU, as the thermal paste had dried out, it was hard to clean it out. Eventually i used a sharp tool to scrap off the paste and accidentally chipped a very tiny fuse situated near the GPU center metal plate :eek:. Now I finished all the re pasting and tried to start my laptop. Gamed on it for longer periods to check, everything seems fine till now. But I'am constantly in fear that it might die on me anytime.

Is it gonna die or it's fine?
Give suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well... I don't suppose you took a picture of the damage before reassembling...

In any case if it is working just fine then you may have dodged a bullet. Odds are that it will be fine... but next time just use more alcohol. It will usually come off without needing to scrape it... and if you have to, use a plastic scraper.

In any case if it is working just fine then you may have dodged a bullet. Odds are that it will be fine... but next time just use more alcohol. It will usually come off without needing to scrape it... and if you have to, use a plastic scraper.

Solution
Dec 8, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion.
A long time have passed, no issues till now, literally dodged a bullet I think.
TIL to not use any sharp tool while handling small electric components :D.

Reactions: thomas4204