[SOLVED] Chipset driver 2.04.04.111

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I'm having a lot of troubles updating the chipset driver of my MSI X 470 Gaming Pro(driver 2.04.04.111). Does anyone has the same trouble?:confused_old:

Solution
Why are you looking to install such an older driver?
The latest, non-beta is 19.10.28
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64

There's going to be some cross-dependencies elsewhere, and such a dated driver may well be superseded by whatever Windows installed from the outset.

In case you didn't see it...AMD released chipset driver 2.04.04.111 yesterday. That's the latest as of today. Motherboard mfr's can take a while to get it to their support web site, MSI's no different.

@Strongwolf2 : try uninstalling the old chipset driver first. If it still doesn't work right DDU might help by uninstalling all AMD software, deleting all related files and folders, and cleaning up...
Why are you looking to install such an older driver?
The latest, non-beta is 19.10.28
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64

There's going to be some cross-dependencies elsewhere, and such a dated driver may well be superseded by whatever Windows installed from the outset.

In case you didn't see it...AMD released chipset driver 2.04.04.111 yesterday. That's the latest as of today. Motherboard mfr's can take a while to get it to their support web site, MSI's no different.

@Strongwolf2 : try uninstalling the old chipset driver first. If it still doesn't work right DDU might help by uninstalling all AMD software, deleting all related files and folders, and cleaning up the registry. You'll have to re-install AMD GPU drivers again too though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strongwolf2
Solution

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

@Strongwolf2 : try uninstalling the old chipset driver first. If it still doesn't work right DDU might help by uninstalling all AMD software, deleting all related files and folders, and cleaning up the registry. You'll have to re-install AMD GPU drivers again too though.

Funny thing; it only hapens with the x470; not the Gigabyte nor the Tomahawk B350. All Ryzen of course.
Crazy thing...after reading this I sat down and updated my son's B350 motherboard to the new chipset and I also got an install error. I can't remember the message, something about "The account already exists" I think.

I un-installed, used DDU and everything, but it always failed. Finally, I launched the Setup file by right clicking and selecting 'Run as Administrator'. That worked. So, something to try.

Reactions: CountMike