Chipset driver installation crashes 945P

encryptedballa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hey guys. I absolutely love these forums. everyone is really helpful. im hoping the help can continue with my current problem.

i just finished my newest build seen here:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1497909#1497909

My motherboard is a biostar tforce945p

i cant seem to get the chipset drivers to install. the nvidia chipset installer crashes every time i try to run it. I was able to get a different 945P chipset driver that did not use the nvidia installer and it work for everything but the LAN. So now i am stuck with just wireless. I tried installing in safe mode too but it still crashed. here is a link to the driver downlaod page in question:

http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/download_driver.php

thanks for taking the time to read.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
I am confused.
What does NVidia have to do with installing drivers for an INTEL 945 chipset?
eyebrow1qb.gif

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you downloaded the drivers from the Biostar website. I'd delete all the drivers and then install the ones you downloaded. Install the Intel driver first and then the others. If you're using an nVidea card, go to the website and download the most recent driver.

grifter33

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
According to the link you posted you're attempting to install nvidia chipset drivers on an Intel board. That would explain the crashing...

when you get to the driver page you still have to use the pulldown menus to pick your mobo. The ones that are showing at first are just th elatest drivers they've posted overall, which happen to be nvidia drivers.

here try these: http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/driver_details.php?id=8

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

encryptedballa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
well i guess thats a problem. i didnt think anything of it thought because thats the drivers i downloaded from the site. It was an intel driver that worked everything else but the lan.

just to clear up..it was not an nvidia video card driver that i was dring to install...the biostar site gave me the download. but it prob just links to the wrong driver downlaod page.

thanks

grifter33

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Yeah when you click on the "driver" link from your mobo page it just brings you to a general drivers page showing the latest drivers the company has posted. That general driver page was the one you linked. Once there, you have to go to the pulldown menus there and find your board to get the drivers you need.

Not sure why they do it that way, I can see how it would be confusing.

encryptedballa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
well i still cant get the "enternet controller" driver to work. still driverless

i should also note that i do NOT have the original driver cd for this mobo

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
well i still cant get the "enternet controller" driver to work. still driverless

i should also note that i do NOT have the original driver cd for this mobo

When you go into Device Manager, is there a yellow !? Also, for your mobo there are 2 Realtek drivers, the first for your onboard sound and the 2nd for your LAN card

encryptedballa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
of course it has the lil ?! thats what happens when theres no driver present :)

i did try the realtek driver for the lan. Still no go.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I figured it would be the yellow ! but you never know. Given you've installed the most recent drivers I would try a clean install of Windows, not a fix and with a full format and install the most recent drivers starting with the Intel chipset driver. If that doesn't do it, I'd RMA the board.

encryptedballa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
yeah actually the board is open box. but i got it from newegg so i could rma it. i think it would be easier just to throw in one of the pci ethernet cards i have lyin around.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
yeah actually the board is open box. but i got it from newegg so i could rma it. i think it would be easier just to throw in one of the pci ethernet cards i have lyin around.

I'd RMA it, it's a new board, may as well have it right in addition it may have other problems. I have run into these kind of driver problems in the past and a clean install of Windows usually fixed it. But if you've done 2 or 3 installs with the same problem then it's the board.