Aug 3, 2019
In trying to put together a fairly low budget PC for my wife to use, I have recently purchased a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 motherboard.
The issue here is that after having put everything together, the motherboard does not seems to recognize Windows 10.

Upon looking some things up, perhaps I need to update the drivers for the 760G chipset so that it can accept Windows 10?
So...if that actually is the case, how do I update the chipset drivers when all I have is BIOS access?

I believe that the update I need is this one here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-7-series-chipsets/760g

Is this something I can legitimately do, or do I just need to find another AM3+ socket motherboard that is good with Win 10?
I really and truly appreciate any help that can lead to solving this issue.

Build
Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2
CPU: AMD FX-8350 (black edition)
RAM: Corsair 1600C9R Vengeance Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3
Powersupply: EVGA 500 W1 (500w)

Solution
It tells me that the windows .efi file is lost, corrupt, or damaged.
EFI files are boot loader executables. Your older motherboard isn't UEFI compatible. W10 shouldn't be trying to install in that mode. It should install in legacy mode. Where did you get the W10 installation disk/flash drive?

You can always download the .ISO file from Microsoft and make your own DVD or flash drive W10 installation media if you want to start over.

You don't need any drivers to install W10. Drivers are only used once you are in W10.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It tells me that the windows .efi file is lost, corrupt, or damaged.
EFI files are boot loader executables. Your older motherboard isn't UEFI compatible. W10 shouldn't be trying to install in that mode. It should install in legacy mode. Where did you get the W10 installation disk/flash drive?

You can always download the .ISO file from Microsoft and make your own DVD or flash drive W10 installation media if you want to start over.

You don't need any drivers to install W10. Drivers are only used once you are in W10.

Solution