Nov 13, 2021
This is the first time I've tried to update my Chipset drivers, was doing so because my USB 3.0 ports were being recognized as 2.0, and would cause my VR headset (Quest 2) to have major disconnect issues.

Upon downloading the drivers from my motherboard manufacturer's website, and running "amd_chipset_drivers_am4_tr4.exe", It functions to what I can deem normally, then upon pressing install. Gives me this error message.

I've got no clue what to do to fix this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help solve this.

This is the first time I've tried to update my Chipset drivers, was doing so because my USB 3.0 ports were being recognized as 2.0, and would cause my VR headset (Quest 2) to have major disconnect issues.

Upon downloading the drivers from my motherboard manufacturer's website, and running "amd_chipset_drivers_am4_tr4.exe", It functions to what I can deem normally, then upon pressing install. Gives me this error message.

I've got no clue what to do to fix this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help solve this.
And which CPU do you have?

Following the release of Ryzen 5000 there were issues with USB disconnects on VR headsets in particular. The latest BIOS has fixes for it so if you have a 3000 or 5000 processor I'd definitely update to it if you haven't. In addition to the latest chipset driver.

Nov 13, 2021
And which CPU do you have?

Following the release of Ryzen 5000 there were issues with USB disconnects on VR headsets in particular. The latest BIOS has fixes for it so if you have a 3000 or 5000 processor I'd definitely update to it if you haven't. In addition to the latest chipset driver.
I've got a ryzen 5 3600, I've updated to the latest bios as of yesterday but I don't believe the issue has been fixed- though I haven't tried my VR headset since working on this issue so it very well could have fixed it. Will test later today.

D

Deleted member 14196

Go to AMD’s website and use their driver installer it will automatically detect what you need

If that doesn’t work then your windows is messed up

The same error message popped up still sadly.
Completely uninstall any chipset driver you may have

From a command prompt run SFC/SCANNOW and let it find/fix up any system file corruption

Try to install the chipset drivers from the AMD web site again.

One question: was this a clean install of Windows when you originally built the system? Or did you move the drive(s) from an old system with Windows already installed?

Reactions: CountMike
Nov 13, 2021
Completely uninstall any chipset driver you may have

From a command prompt run SFC/SCANNOW and let it find/fix up any system file corruption

Try to install the chipset drivers from the AMD web site again.

One question: was this a clean install of Windows when you originally built the system? Or did you move the drive(s) from an old system with Windows already installed?
It was a drive swap, I'm guessing something is messed up in my windows but I want to try everything else before I go to the option of reinstalling it.

It was a drive swap, I'm guessing something is messed up in my windows but I want to try everything else before I go to the option of reinstalling it.

This is just the sort of problems you run into with a 'drive swap'. Residual drivers or illogical settings are making the installation routine for AMD's chipset drivers think it's not a supported computer.

You might try a repair install with in-place upgrade to see if it fixes that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike