Question Choice motherboard ryzen 3600x

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
Hello good night, I tell you my problem, I brickeo my mother's bios msi b350 bazooka and well I took her to a technician, she told me that she has no solution, so well I'm seeing that mother change, I have these 4 options:

asus crosshair VI

b450m aorus

b450m aorus pro wifi:

I have a 3600x Ryzen (I do not recriminate it was 1200 Argentine pesos difference is not much). which would you recommend and why, I also seek to avoid the problem of brick bios with dualbios or bioflashback. Greetings from Argentina and thank you very much

Last edited:
Quite sure you listed a Gigabyte X570 motherboard previously.

In which case you'll have to find one which you can afford, and also offers out of the box compatibility. Some vendors may update the BIOS for you, though that will depend on your local market. As far as I know the MSI Max motherboards are Ryzen 3000 compatible out of the box, but you don't mention any of those.

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
Quite sure you listed a Gigabyte X570 motherboard previously.

In which case you'll have to find one which you can afford, and also offers out of the box compatibility. Some vendors may update the BIOS for you, though that will depend on your local market. As far as I know the MSI Max motherboards are Ryzen 3000 compatible out of the box, but you don't mention any of those.
I removed it because of the price increase and it escapes my range of spending, I did not mention MSI because of problems I had with them and why these models are not sold in Argentina. Those 3 models were the best I found. greeting

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have a way of verifying that any of these boards will come with a sufficiently up to date BIOS to support Ryzen 3000? Or do you have a local computer shop that can do that for you?

If not, are any MSI B450 boards an option? Most of them have a feature that allows you to update the BIOS yourself without a supported CPU. Or you can get a B450 board that is guaranteed to support Ryzen 3K out of the box: any of the MSI B450 "MAX" boards, or the ASRock B450M/AC.

If budget is an issue, you could save a bit of money getting the 3600 non-X. There is essentially no performance difference between the two (although the stock cooler with the 3600X is a bit better than what comes with the non-X).

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
[QUOTE = "TJ Hooker, publicación: 21429463, miembro: 1470815"]
¿Tiene alguna forma de verificar que alguna de estas placas venga con un BIOS suficientemente actualizado para admitir Ryzen 3000? ¿O tiene una tienda de informática local que puede hacer eso por usted?

Si no, ¿hay alguna placa MSI B450 una opción? La mayoría de ellos tienen una función que le permite actualizar el BIOS usted mismo sin una CPU compatible. O puede obtener una placa B450 que es compatible con Ryzen 3K de fábrica: cualquiera de las placas MSI B450 "MAX" o ASRock B450M / AC.

Si el presupuesto es un problema, podría ahorrar un poco de dinero obteniendo el 3600 que no es X. Esencialmente no hay diferencia de rendimiento entre los dos (aunque el refrigerador de stock con el 3600X es un poco mejor que el que viene con el no X).
[/CITAR]
Ya tengo el ryzen 3600, bios bios el b350m MSI bazooka y sí, actualizo el BIOS por 200 pesos argentinos ($ 1.50), no hay MSI bueno aquí, por eso esos fueron los 3 mejores que encontré.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Without knowing what features you require from the motherboard, it's hard to say which is the best option. The Crosshair VI is probably technically the superior board, but it's likely that you're not going to notice any difference between any of those boards.

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
Without knowing what features you require from the motherboard, it's hard to say which is the best option. The Crosshair VI is probably technically the superior board, but it's likely that you're not going to notice any difference between any of those boards.
I just don't want to have BIOS brick problems, and a good motherboard that doesn't have vrm problems and I don't know if the 370x is better than the b450. Cheers

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What exactly happened when you bricked your previous motherboard? Without knowing what went wrong the first time it's hard to say how likely it is to happen again. But whatever went wrong likely had nothing to do with motherboard model being used.

For example, if the computer loses power in the middle of a BIOS update it's going to get bricked, pretty much regardless of which model it is.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
What exactly happened when you bricked your previous motherboard? Without knowing what went wrong the first time it's hard to say how likely it is to happen again. But whatever went wrong likely had nothing to do with motherboard model being used.

For example, if the computer loses power in the middle of a BIOS update it's going to get bricked, pretty much regardless of which model it is.
It turns out that I updated to the latest BIOS version for the ryzen 3600x, but I was not allowed to overclocking the rams, when returning to the previous BIOS I no longer boot the PC, I tried everything cmos with jump and battery, take everything out, dribble Just proceed and graphic and nothing. I already took him to a technician and he told me that he has no solution he tried the first and second gene ryzen chips and nothing

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I've seen a number of motherboards that say once you upgrade to a BIOS that supports Ryzen 3000 you can't go back. The B350 doesn't specifically say that, but it could have been the issue. Either way, I'd avoid trying to flash older BIOS versions.

Other than that, make sure the PC doesn't lose power and always do the BIOS upgrade from within the BIOS itself (don't use a Windows program). Follow those rules and you should be fine.

mxzfede

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
[QUOTE = "TJ Hooker, publicación: 21429726, miembro: 1470815"]
He visto varias placas base que dicen que una vez que actualizas a un BIOS que admite Ryzen 3000 no puedes volver. El B350 no dice específicamente eso, pero podría haber sido el problema. De cualquier manera, evitaría intentar actualizar versiones anteriores de BIOS.

Aparte de eso, asegúrese de que la PC no pierda energía y siempre realice la actualización del BIOS desde el propio BIOS (no use un programa de Windows). Sigue esas reglas y deberías estar bien.
[/CITAR]
I've seen a number of motherboards that say once you upgrade to a BIOS that supports Ryzen 3000 you can't go back. The B350 doesn't specifically say that, but it could have been the issue. Either way, I'd avoid trying to flash older BIOS versions.

Other than that, make sure the PC doesn't lose power and always do the BIOS upgrade from within the BIOS itself (don't use a Windows program). Follow those rules and you should be fine.
Yes, I estimate that this must be the problem, perhaps you could not go back and in doing so generate that brick. but hey, in the end I decided to go for the gigabyte aorus b450m, I think it's ok for a 3600x ryzen or not?