Question Choice of 6700XT's... Which would you buy?

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
So I'm going for a 6700XT, I almost hit the trigger on a Sapphire 6700XT Nitro+ at overclockers but it went out of stock! I plan on ringing to see if they will be getting more in but I'm now considering other options and stock in the UK still isn't great. So, I have a few affordable and good options. Things I find important:
  • I always like good cooling. My current GPU runs hot and loud nowadays, so it would be nice to have a quieter, cooler card. I do now have an airflow case too so that will always help
  • I don't plan to overclock really
  • I don't particularly want a power-sucking vampire
The cards:
Sapphire Pulse : Tried and tested, currently have a 580 pulse, would happily have one again if needs be. In stock and an okay price.
XFX Quik 319 : Never had this brand but it looks sleek. The seller I've never seen before though
Power Color Red Devil : I read about sag which I don't like, but for £30 more this cools like a dream. Would probably have to buy a stand

My PC spec wise:
Ryzen 7 5800 X
Corsair RM 750x
16Gb Ram
Lian Li Lancool II mesh

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
D

Deleted member 362816

I was silly and pressed ctrl+Enter instead of just enter and submitted by accident, I've updated the original post with the options I'm currently looking at. Aiming for around £500

Red Devil hands down.

D

Deleted member 362816

Personally I would get either of the other two besides the powercolor. But I had one bad experience with one of their cards that kept crashing. Changing to an asus card at the time resolved it. But that was probably a one off.

I made a nice list since 2010ish of brand failure rates for my shops builds (failures reported in warranty or DOA)
This is both for AMD and Nvidia chips I did not separate the list. Please note I buy 1000+ cards on a good year.
EVGA: 38 DOA - 58 failed in warranty. (Best RMA hands down even for end user)
Sapphire: 13 DOA - 91 failed in warranty. (Not a fan of their RMA always replace but very slow)
XFX: 7 DOA - 107 failed in warranty. (RMA is fast but QC has went downhill since 2016)
ASRock: 8 DOA - 39 failed in warranty. (Quick RMA)
Gigabyte: 17 DOA - 52 failed in warranty. (Slow RMA but always replace)
Powercolor: 6 DOA - 29 failed in warranty. (Quick RMA mostly)
Zotac: 72 DOA - 119 failed in warranty. (Garbage Brand IMO we no longer use). (Slow garbage RMA and fought us on each and every RMA blaming physical damage lol)
Asus: 32 DOA - 42 failed in warranty. (If you pay for Cross-Ship RMA is quick otherwise 2-4 weeks)
PNY: Don't Use
Palit: Don't Use

Reactions: spentshells
xfx has stepped up their game since the 580/570 cards... which sucked for whatever reason... bad luck maybe?
red devil
xfx
sapphire

but 2014 I would have listed them differently
all of those are great cards, but the red devil series is the best
sapphire is gonna be fine
the xfx rdna2 cards are very highly reviewed

I made a nice list since 2010ish of brand failure rates for my shops builds (failures reported in warranty or DOA)
This is both for AMD and Nvidia chips I did not separate the list. Please note I buy 1000+ cards on a good year.
EVGA: 38 DOA - 58 failed in warranty. (Best RMA hands down even for end user)
Sapphire: 13 DOA - 91 failed in warranty. (Not a fan of their RMA always replace but very slow)
XFX: 7 DOA - 107 failed in warranty. (RMA is fast but QC has went downhill since 2016)
ASRock: 8 DOA - 39 failed in warranty. (Quick RMA)
Gigabyte: 17 DOA - 52 failed in warranty. (Slow RMA but always replace)
Powercolor: 6 DOA - 29 failed in warranty. (Quick RMA mostly)
Zotac: 72 DOA - 119 failed in warranty. (Garbage Brand IMO we no longer use). (Slow garbage RMA and fought us on each and every RMA blaming physical damage lol)
Asus: 32 DOA - 42 failed in warranty. (If you pay for Cross-Ship RMA is quick otherwise 2-4 weeks)
PNY: Don't Use
Palit: Don't Use
very cool information, this might actually deserve it's own thread
what about gainward? My understanding is that unless its a phantom avoid it like the plague

D

Deleted member 362816

very cool information, this might actually deserve it's own thread
what about gainward? My understanding is that unless its a phantom avoid it like the plague

I have no experience with:
Galax
Inno3d
Gainward

If it is not distributed easily in the USA we don't source them.

Reactions: spentshells

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
I can get a Red Devil 6700xt for a nice price, but I can actually get a 6750 xt for the same price. Normally, I'd just get the one that's better right? but I've seen around issues with the 6750 and I wanted to ask, is it better to stick with the less buggy card?

D

Deleted member 362816

I can get a Red Devil 6700xt for a nice price, but I can actually get a 6750 xt for the same price. Normally, I'd just get the one that's better right? but I've seen around issues with the 6750 and I wanted to ask, is it better to stick with the less buggy card?

I would go with the newer card if they are the same price.

the 6750 is selling for the same price due to lack of demand for the additional cost. It's like that in canada as well in fact I've seen it a few places at the same price as the 6650xt which doesn't make sense but it's all supply and demand check your local gas stations for additional details ;)
unless its a far inferior model you should get it