Choice of operating system help?

Jonzy96

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

I have just started to buy the parts needed to build the following build

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/KjcxXL

I have currently chosen to use Windows 8.1, but before I buy the disc, want to ask here if I should change for windows 10. as far as windows 8.1 goes, while most people don't like it, I have used for since its release, and am finding no problems using it, however windows 10 is the newest and most up to date, so there is that. I have heard however that the privacy issues with windows 10 are a problem, and would be a problem for me. I don't want Microsoft taking my data, eating up my already low internet connection speeds, and constantly taking information about me.

Which is best. (Computer being used for gaming and productivity (photo editing)

Solution
Windows 10. There's programs that resolve the privacy issues, and Windows 10 is really nice. After a certain point Microsoft won't *really* support Skylake CPUs in older Windows as well so there's that. You'll also have access to DX12 when that becomes widely used in games, and personally I find the Windows 10 GUI much more functional than both Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. You might run into the occasional issue since it's a new OS but they fix those pretty fast usually.

TheTerminator8

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
I recommend getting the Windows 8.1 because you can avoid the scamming, and the Win 8.1 is more.... "solid" than windows 10 right now, because windows 10 is brand new, there will be problems and such. And if you want to get rid of any problems, get windows 7, any version will do.

Hope this helps!

Windows 10. There's programs that resolve the privacy issues, and Windows 10 is really nice. After a certain point Microsoft won't *really* support Skylake CPUs in older Windows as well so there's that. You'll also have access to DX12 when that becomes widely used in games, and personally I find the Windows 10 GUI much more functional than both Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. You might run into the occasional issue since it's a new OS but they fix those pretty fast usually.

Solution