[SOLVED] Choice !!!!!!!

Perivale

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
Hi …
I have an i5 2500 non k CPU With some EOL Motherboard + 8gb RAM & GTX 950 Strix OC 2 GB
So Now I have a choice Between:
Sell The GTX 950 Strix OC 2 GB and get the GTX 1650 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 4G OR For The Same Amount Of Money
Get ASUS P8H67 + I5 2500K ??????????????????????????????
Witch Best For Gaming !!!!!!
Thank you

Solution
To be perfectly honest, I am not sure either CPU will be enough for a 1650s, except in maybe older, or less threaded titles. You will get more gaming performance, vs going with the 2500k.

InvalidError

Titan
Going from a GTX950 to GTX1650S is a far bigger upgrade than 2500 to 2500k.

That said, I have a GTX1050 and my i5-3470 can barely keep up with it, so a GTX1650S may be a little over-powered for a 2500. At least you'll have a decent entry-level GPU to reuse when you eventually get around to doing a platform upgrade or have some spare GPU-power to push resolution and details up.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu = fps.
Gpu = eye candy.

At a basic level. So if the 1650S is game code stronger than the 2500, changing detail levels won't affect fps much at all.

If the 2500 is game code stronger than the 950, then adding the 1650S will allow for greater fps onscreen at possibly higher detail levels.

What you get out of the change will be highly dependent on the game itself and how well the cpu can deliver fps. You'll only get as many fps as the cpu can deliver, so in some games you might see no change, even if you put a 3090 in there, once you hit ultra it's not going to get better as the gpu can only supply what it's given. In some games you might see a huge improvement in fps, again capped by the cpu but the 1650S being more capable than the 950 of reaching those fps at specified detail levels.

Perivale

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
Cpu = fps.
Gpu = eye candy.

At a basic level. So if the 1650S is game code stronger than the 2500, changing detail levels won't affect fps much at all.

If the 2500 is game code stronger than the 950, then adding the 1650S will allow for greater fps onscreen at possibly higher detail levels.

What you get out of the change will be highly dependent on the game itself and how well the cpu can deliver fps. You'll only get as many fps as the cpu can deliver, so in some games you might see no change, even if you put a 3090 in there, once you hit ultra it's not going to get better as the gpu can only supply what it's given. In some games you might see a huge improvement in fps, again capped by the cpu but the 1650S being more capable than the 950 of reaching those fps at specified detail levels.
Thank you
What is the "minimum" CPU you recommend???!!!
for the 95O & for the 1660 S.....

Perivale

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
Ordinarily I'd say a 3770, 3770k, Xeon 12xx v2. But without knowing the motherboard, or whether it's a Dell or HP bios etc flipped build or purely aftermarket, it's honestly kinda impossible to say exactly what will work. Only thing we know is that it seats a 2nd gen 2500 cpu.
For the motherboard like I said its an EOL
But searching with some friends I found an I3-9100 3.6 Ghz + asus prime H310mk for the same amount of money!!!!!???
Would it be enough for both GPU's??!!
Thanks

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Plenty for either. And yet no at the same time. It's a 4core/4thread cpu, exactly what you have now, just a good deal faster and stronger. It's the 4/4 that can have such a high impact in recent games that have a strong tendency to use 6-8 threads optimally.

What that means is if you run even an older game like GTA:V, you'll still run at very high cpu %, even 100%, but get a few more fps. CSGO will likely close to double its fps, because it's a 2 threaded game that relies heavily on IPC and clock speeds, not on thread count. The i5 9400/f would be a far more suitable cpu for a 1660Super, being a 6c/6t cpu, which is why the 9100 is so cheap. Quad core/thread cpus are being phased out almost completely.

So it becomes very hard to recommend such, even if they are a great deal, because their value for gaming purposes is minimal and gets worse with every new release. Any original game prior to Battlefield 4 release will be great, most released after BF4 (including dlc's) can take a large fps hit.

Perivale

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
Plenty for either. And yet no at the same time. It's a 4core/4thread cpu, exactly what you have now, just a good deal faster and stronger. It's the 4/4 that can have such a high impact in recent games that have a strong tendency to use 6-8 threads optimally.

What that means is if you run even an older game like GTA:V, you'll still run at very high cpu %, even 100%, but get a few more fps. CSGO will likely close to double its fps, because it's a 2 threaded game that relies heavily on IPC and clock speeds, not on thread count. The i5 9400/f would be a far more suitable cpu for a 1660Super, being a 6c/6t cpu, which is why the 9100 is so cheap. Quad core/thread cpus are being phased out almost completely.

So it becomes very hard to recommend such, even if they are a great deal, because their value for gaming purposes is minimal and gets worse with every new release. Any original game prior to Battlefield 4 release will be great, most released after BF4 (including dlc's) can take a large fps hit.
Thank you very much....