Choose between these displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

kululu

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I've read the higher the contrast ratio the better (more variation between colors because more black and whites) and the one you recommended has 1000:1 ratio while other monitors seem to have higer contrast ratio like 50m:1 or even bigger so could you elaborate please on it ? also what can I do if I can't bump a thread and no one comments on my thread for a while any means of bumping the thread somehow or I should just open another thread like this ? also would it be good choice for hardcore gaming and connecting a PS3 & PS4 to it ?

RastislavB

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
The contrast that the Samsung monitor has is it's native contrast (it's what the LCD can do on it's own), the 50m:1 contrast it the one in which the monitors controls the backlight according to the current image so it's like adjusting backlight but it works real-time.

There is no real reason to even worry about the contrast ration when it comes to monitors.

I am just going by forum rules, and it states bumping is not acceptable, even if no answers are received.

Status
Not open for further replies.