Choose the apps that the user can see

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I am using Win10 Enterprise with multiple users on it.

Some software that I installed with an admin user is automatically installed for all the users and some is per user.

I understand that it works based on the setting in the installer.

My question is can I specify SOMEWHERE IN WINDOWS (not in the software itself) that some users will not have access to this software and some will?
I have permissions for folders, so why not for that too..

jonespwns

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Good question. In most cases it is specified for users at the install. If you have admin privileges, then you can always just change the permissions for the main folder of each program. They would probably be hiding somewhere in Program Files/Program Files (x86). Iv'e never actually done that before, but have seen problems before with certain programs and permissions on those folders. They were stopping people from running programs when they needed to on separate accounts. You'd probably need to take "everyone" off of the list and just put each account that can access it.

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Yeah, I thought about that, but I think this will cause errors, since it will try to access files which are not accessible.
I just don't want these users to load stuff they don't need. I have users for specific purposes there..

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks, I checked this.

I would just not want users to load tons of stuff they don't need. not to restrict them to access it.
Because I have users that are for very specific purposes only..