Choose your default operating system option is missing in dual boot?

reckoning155

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
hi

i have installed windows 8.1 and windows 10 in my laptop. Initially every time i restart the system my system gives me an option to choose between windows 8 and windows 10. However, i clicked the choose default os or other options in start up and set windows 8.1 as default now the windows 10 boot option is totally disappeared from my system. I want to boot to windows 10. Can someone tell me how to boot to windows 10 now.

Solution

Download EasyBCD. Don't worry about registration they won't bother you whatever you put in there.
It's quite intuitive and can manipulate anything boot related. Entries, wait time, order, can even move the boot record from one drive to another, but that's beyond what you require.

Alternatively, hit...

Download EasyBCD. Don't worry about registration they won't bother you whatever you put in there.
It's quite intuitive and can manipulate anything boot related. Entries, wait time, order, can even move the boot record from one drive to another, but that's beyond what you require.

Alternatively, hit WIN + R type "msconfig" and go to boot. But EasyBCD is way more powerful.

Solution