Question Choosing a good monitor for 4k and 144hz!

Fizy45

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2014
Just like the title says I need to choose a decent monitor to use it with my 2080ti and I do want both 144hz and 4K resolution

Now I know some of you will say that my graphics card is not that great for gaming at 4K while pumping out lots of frames to get 144hz experience. But my aim is to use 144hz for gaming at 1080p and 4K is for mostly viewing videos watching movies etc (I do quite a lot) plus I would like to have an option for buying a RTX3xxx or RTX4xx series in the future to get reach full potential .I have made my search on the internet and found out two of these monitors below but any other one at these price range will do.

Gigabyte M28U 28" 144Hz 1ms (HDMI+DP+Type-C) Adaptive Sync HDR 400 3840x2160 4K UHD IPS Gaming Monitör
MSI 27.9" OPTIX MAG281URF FLAT RAPID IPS 3840X2160 (UHD) 16:9 144HZ 1MS G-SYNC COMPATIBLE GAMING MONITOR

1.Do you have any suggestions about these monitors?
  1. Does my 2080ti cause problems with these monitors or with4k/144hz?
  2. Is there other things I need to put into consideration while choosing?
  3. Is adaptive sync same as gsync?

Thanks

1.Do you have any suggestions about these monitors?

M28U is my got to option for 4k high refresh rate gaming. It should be significantly cheaper than the mag monitor.

Does my 2080ti cause problems with these monitors or with4k/144hz?

No. It's just not fast enough for high refresh gaming at 4k. You will likely need 3090/6950 levels of performance for AAA titles.

Is there other things I need to put into consideration while choosing?

Yes. Vram is can cause issues. 4k can eat as much as 12 gb is certain games. Cpu performance really won't matter. Your cpu will likely be under 10 % utilization.

Is adaptive sync same as gsync?

Gsync is a type of adaptive sync. Gsync is specific to nvidia while FreeSync is specific to amd. The Frame pacing has improved a lot since the release of gsync. Monitors with gsync typically need a module to use the feature.