[SOLVED] Choosing a Graphics Card for upgrade

Jan 2, 2018
Hi guys, so I've been saving money for a GPU upgrade but I need help to decide which is worth for my system (Ryzen 5 1600 + 2560 x 1080 res monitor) so it won't be overkill and waste of money.
Here's some candidates (price below are according to retailers in where I live, tax included):
  • Galax RTX 2060 $389
  • EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra $433
  • Galax RTX 2060 Super EX $461
  • EVGA RTX 2060 Super SC Ultra $486
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 $425
  • PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 $465
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT $486
  • PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT $537
  • Reference RX 5700 $380
  • Reference RX 5700 XT $436
Quite high prices I know, actually I could get Ref. RX 5700 for $380 and Ref. RX 5700 XT for $436, But personally I think it's not worth to spend that amount of money for blower style cards as it not efficient as noisy, and I also have no interest in undervolting whatsoever. Although it's tempting because it's significantly cheaper than custom model. You see Pulse 5700 XT has MSRP of $410 (just $10 more of a ref. card) but here in where I live it cost $50 more.
I initially leaning towards RX 5700/XT as it has nice price/perf value compared to its competitors, but after seeing many posts in some forums and even youtube videos about the driver issues, many people complaining about it, it make me think twice to spend my money on Navi cards. And I have no other choices other than RTX 2060 which is slower than both Navi cards but also cheaper, and RTX 2060 Super which trade blows with RX 5700 and sometimes compete with RX 5700 XT but has similar price to RX 5700 XT (Except the Red Devil ones).
So which one from all those list would be the ideal choice for my current system?

Solution
Fair enough I'd put a new monitor on #2 tho I'd go for RX 5700 or wait to see if the 1080P Navi GPU rumored comes out and see if the performance is worth it.
Jan 2, 2018
True.

Actual GSync only allows variable refresh rate on Nvidia GPUs.

FreeSync (and GSync Compatible... confusing, I know) can use VRR on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs
Yes, I'm familiar with how G-Sync and FreeSync works with NVIDIA and AMD, but for now I just don't have any interest investing for an Adaptive sync monitor, as the GPU are still my number 1 priority to invest on.

What Navi 1080p rumour do you mean?
There's a Navi GPU that was spotted on a Linux driver (?) that seems to replace the RX 580 and RX 590 (may just be the 580), The very trustworthy leaker I don't remember their twitter handle leaked some specs they pulled off of Linux, I am not too good on the tech leaking lingo so may be completely wrong but you could probably look around and find the source pretty easily.

Jan 2, 2018
There's a Navi GPU that was spotted on a Linux driver (?) that seems to replace the RX 580 and RX 590 (may just be the 580), The very trustworthy leaker I don't remember their twitter handle leaked some specs they pulled off of Linux, I am not too good on the tech leaking lingo so may be completely wrong but you could probably look around and find the source pretty easily.
Noo, not that Navi, I mean Navi RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT.

But how about the driver issues? to be honest that is the only thing prevent me from choosing RX 5700/XT, I mean I don't want to take the risk, It scares me really.
I'm not gonna purchase one of those this month, probably next month, I just wanna know what you think.
Ah, the driver problems are being fixed fairly quickly I believe and the issues may be gone when you purchase I'd comeback in a few weeks or so and see how the drivers are.

Jan 2, 2018
Ah, the driver problems are being fixed fairly quickly I believe and the issues may be gone when you purchase I'd comeback in a few weeks or so and see how the drivers are.
Well I guess I just have to wait for future updates on the driver, and perhaps save more money for whatever I would choose in the end.
But, let's assume that driver issues are completely fix and everything are stable, and in the end I decided to choose RX 5700/XT, which one do you think would be the best choice between Sapphire Pulse and PowerColor Red Devil version?

Well I guess I just have to wait for future updates on the driver, and perhaps save more money for whatever I would choose in the end.
But, let's assume that driver issues are completely fix and everything are stable, and in the end I decided to choose RX 5700/XT, which one do you think would be the best choice between Sapphire Pulse and PowerColor Red Devil version?
I would say go with whatever is less expensive.

TRENDING THREADS