Choosing a Laptop

Aubtin

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Looking into buying a gaming computer, mainly for Planetside 2. I also plan to do some programming (Android App Development, Unity, etc.) I was looking into a few computers that may work.. Here are some links:

HP: http://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-15t-Quad-Laptop-%7c-Intel-Core-i7-%7c-1080p-%7c-2GB-Graphics-%7c-Backlit-Keyboard.product.100107633.html
Lenovo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313740
Lenovo (16 GB RAM): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313741

I have heard of the new MSI laptops with the GTX 840M, but those are a little too much in the price range. Between those, what would be a good match to play Planetside 2 and run programs like Eclipse and Unity. If there are any other computers within that price range, I would love to take a look at them!

Thanks!!

I am aware building a desktop would be best for the cost, but I don't like to be stationary. I also don't except Ultra graphics for Planetside 2, low or medium is just fine.. With the settings I currently play on my Inspiron with Integrated Graphics, many would be shocked.. Completely blurry.

Solution
usually if it ships through them it is rather fast i got all the components for a computer build from them and recieved them in 72 hours in perfect condition. never ordered a laptop though. i've personally never had a problem with new egg but never really cared much to find out how or where my parts shipped from so long as they show up in an undamaged box and are in working condition and on time i dont care. thats just me though but new egg has always met that criteria for me though

Bad_Kitty13

Admirable
the lenovo with sli 755m and i7 with 16gbs of ram is a steal. it is good for programming and games.
the envy is out of the question. lower gpu, lower hdd. the hdd you could upgrade yourself to a hybrid drive like the lenovos but why when you can already buy it all in one neat package

Aubtin

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Do you know if Newegg is a good place to purchase laptops? I am aware it is a good place to buy computer parts, so I assume it is pretty good for computers too.... What about their shipping? I haven't really used Newegg before, so I am not sure how they work.. Is there a way to tell if they have the computer on hand, or are they doing to order it from Lenovo first?

Also,
Thanks!

Bad_Kitty13

Admirable
usually if it ships through them it is rather fast i got all the components for a computer build from them and recieved them in 72 hours in perfect condition. never ordered a laptop though. i've personally never had a problem with new egg but never really cared much to find out how or where my parts shipped from so long as they show up in an undamaged box and are in working condition and on time i dont care. thats just me though but new egg has always met that criteria for me though

Solution

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

I've purchased from Newegg and they are good. I purchased an extended warranty and it was through a 3rd party warranty company. Also on RMA Newegg pays the shipping some companies don;t do that.