[SOLVED] Choosing a monitor to reduce eye strain

May 27, 2021
I am looking to upgrade my home office monitor. Online guides I have found seem to be basically advertisements. What features should I look for? Eye Care seems an obvious one. How about display type? 4K? Curved? Gaming is not a concern. Recommendations welcome. Target size around 27"

Solution
Desktop, program menus and browser text in 4k will be too small at that size and you'll be forever trying to zoom in on things. 1080p or 1440p is ideal at 27" if sitting roughly an arms length away. Skip curve, it has it's uses in games but only if display is large enough to circumference peripheral vision, it's not something you'd want id imagine. Just an IPS 1080p / 1440p flat screen, either resolution preferably at 144Hz. Compared to 60Hz, just general browsing and desktop stuff is a lot smoother and easier on the eyes.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Desktop, program menus and browser text in 4k will be too small at that size and you'll be forever trying to zoom in on things. 1080p or 1440p is ideal at 27" if sitting roughly an arms length away. Skip curve, it has it's uses in games but only if display is large enough to circumference peripheral vision, it's not something you'd want id imagine. Just an IPS 1080p / 1440p flat screen, either resolution preferably at 144Hz. Compared to 60Hz, just general browsing and desktop stuff is a lot smoother and easier on the eyes.

Reactions: sbradley02
Solution