Choosing a monitor

iku747

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
Greetings,
I want to substitute my monitor (FLATRON L204WS, yes it's very old) for another new. I have been looking alot and i have some questions.

First i want my monitor for gaming and seeing films, and also for my studies (informatic engineering). My preferences are Games->Films->Work. My questions are:

-¿16:10 or 16:9?, i have heard that 16:10 is better for work and 16:9 is better for games and films, it's that true? Anyway, wich of them is better for you?
-LED or LED/IPS?, On the one hand I have read that LED/IPS is the newest technology, but the have a really high response time (6-8ms GTG) and on the other hand the normal LEDs have a very good response time 1-5ms GTG. So what do you recommend to me?.
-24" or 27"?
-what brand do you recommend to me? Benq, Asus...

Thanks, and plis, excuse my poor english because i'm not english.

Solution
I have a 24" 16:10 samsung, and it works well for me for 5 years. when it comes to monitors, the important thing is the resolution, and the fresh rate, and then the response time.
if you are playing games and demand very good experience, go with a higher resolution(more expensive above 1080p). refresh rate helps too, 60 is the standard, anything higher will be better(again, more money)
The response time anything below 6-8 should be enough. which most of monitors are.

GL on your purchase. I would go for a 27" if you have the space. your movies would feel better :)

zxt827

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
I have a 24" 16:10 samsung, and it works well for me for 5 years. when it comes to monitors, the important thing is the resolution, and the fresh rate, and then the response time.
if you are playing games and demand very good experience, go with a higher resolution(more expensive above 1080p). refresh rate helps too, 60 is the standard, anything higher will be better(again, more money)
The response time anything below 6-8 should be enough. which most of monitors are.

GL on your purchase. I would go for a 27" if you have the space. your movies would feel better :)

Solution