Question Choosing a TV for Living Room

drakrhal

Reputable
Sep 22, 2018
Hey all,

I am looking for some expert opinions on a few of the higher end television sets and how they would perform for what my wife and I watch as well as where we watch. A little background, we tend to watch movies and sports and I tend to play PS4 when I get the chance. The TV we would be looking to get would be 4k 65" with HDMI 2.1 preferably. I am also a person that hates ghosting and major haloing issues.

The big factor though is the living room. It has 3 giant windows that sit directly across from the TV (I have included a link to a photo of the room: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-6F36ahdJt_9WCcmLuAXFBAIKMamz6fu ). This worries me, as I know glare can cause viewing to be a bit crappy. As for budget on this, assume any TV from $1,600 up to $3,000 is fair game. I am just looking to know which TVs would work best for what we are looking at.

I'd say that you should look in the Samsung line....we have a 65" curved screen, in the family room, and the folks who watch TV love it. (I don't watch TV, so I can only say that I'd love to get my hands on it and use it for a monitor.)

Get black-out shades for those front windows and you're golden.

They are more fragile, I'll give you that.

I bought that one as a birthday gift for my father...that would be on his 94th birthday...and it's been in the house for about a year and a-half, now. No problems with it, because it's basically untouched.

However, the first one I brought home was cracked in the top corners and I had to return it. Fortunately, they let me open up the cartons and test out the remaining stock that they had to choose from in the store. Out of the 6 that they had in stock, 4 of them had the same sort of screen cracks, in the same basic locations.

Needless to say, I was beyond paranoid getting the darned thing home, and into its permanent location.

When my father gets home from his daily travels, he does spend some time after dinner watching football or whatever new movies he can dial-up.

Fragile? Definitely, but it has great image quality--I'm impressed with it.