Question Choosing A USB Wifi Adapter

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So I wanted to buy an external wifi adapter to give my laptop access to 5GHZ networks. My budget is under 70 USD. Around 50USD could be nice. I have my choices but I'm not sure if I have choosen the good ones. First one, ASUS USB AC53 Nano. Second one, ASUS AC55. Third one, TP Link Archer T4U. Is one of them good enough? Family members in my house don't really use the 5ghz network so I wanted to switch for better speed. My laptop only can connect to 2.4ghz networks so thats why I wanted to buy wifi adapters. If none of my choice is good, recommend any. I watch movies, play games like Apex Legends, CSGO, LoL and others. By the way, is it normal for my wifi to sometimes disconnects itself from the internet for a minute? It still shows it has internet connection on my phone and laptop but it still loads youtube for a while eventhough it should not, when I'm playing games, it says I'm disconnected.

Feb 7, 2019
if i have to chose one of the three you mentioned i would go with TP link, and for your question no its not normal to get disconnection from WiFi even if you run your laptop 24/7

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
if i have to chose one of the three you mentioned i would go with TP link, and for your question no its not normal to get disconnection from WiFi even if you run your laptop 24/7
its not my laptop, its my router disconnecting from Wi-Fi. both my laptop and my phone keeps loading like there is no internet eventhough the symbol of the Wi-Fi signal is still there with full signal.