[SOLVED] Choosing between a WD Blue SSD versus a Samsung 870 QVO SSD for my PS4 Pro ?

bali208

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I own a PS4 pro. It is good, But the loading time for the current ps4 pro is very long & I would like to upgrade it with an SSD. I am confused between two options. WD Blue SSD-vs- Samsung 870 QVO. Can anyone explain which one should I go for & why? Samsung 870 QVO is crossing many benchmarks but people say it is not reliable as it is QLC. They say TLC is faster. For PS4 Pro which is the best, can anyone suggest me with proper reasoning?

bali208

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
@USAFRet .... I might plug that to my Windows PC later while selling off the PS4 pro fixing the stock HDD. So think it is for personal use also. Now tell me which SATA SSD I should go for? Are there other models you want to suggest?

bali208

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
You've stated the other option apart from your Samsung 870 QVO is a WD Blue, mind sharing a link to the WD drive? I'd ask you to look into other options such as the 870 Evo, the Crucial MX500 and pretty much any other SATA based SSD out there. Might want to give this a read as well. This is for further reading.
@Lutfij Sure, here is the amazon link: Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
Are 870 EVO & Crucial MX500 better than the above two options i have stated?? Please help me clarify.