[SOLVED] Choosing between GPUs

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
So i'm asking this like many times but i'm really kinda frustrated and i can't choose which i should get for my system and which will give me better performance and how much will it bottleneck my cpu at stock/3ghz.
750 ti+Q6600=
1050+Q6600=
950+Q6600=
my budget is 70$ and i'm living in asia(pakistan) and prices for gpus are increasing day by day so i should get one before it's too late.
Though i'll collect more money if 1050 is a good choice
Thanks!

Solution
I know the brand and you should be fine. They are not the best out there but it does not matter. Performance difference between brands are mostly minimal and in rare cases somewhat important.

The cheapest 1050 in my country is 105€, so I would say if the card is not too old, go for it.
So i'm asking this like many times but i'm really kinda frustrated and i can't choose which i should get for my system and which will give me better performance and how much will it bottleneck my cpu at stock/3ghz.
750 ti+Q6600=
1050+Q6600=
950+Q6600=
my budget is 70$ and i'm living in asia(pakistan) and prices for gpus are increasing day by day so i should get one before it's too late.
Though i'll collect more money if 1050 is a good choice
Thanks!
Would say the 1050, more support for newer APIs, none used around you?

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
The 1050 is the best bet. There should be minimal bottleneck and mostly because of the games being CPU intensive (which would have been with every GPU).
Alright thanks mate,
I've found a 1050 but it's from inno3d and the seller is selling me for 60$ so is there any problem with this brand or the prices for this gpu is decreasing?

I know the brand and you should be fine. They are not the best out there but it does not matter. Performance difference between brands are mostly minimal and in rare cases somewhat important.

The cheapest 1050 in my country is 105€, so I would say if the card is not too old, go for it.

Solution

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019

Yep the card seems okay for the condition but i was still thinking if it was fake although i will go and check it myself.
Thanks for the help!

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
What's your motherboard?
If you have one of those no-name models with poor support, the GTX 1050 will likely not even be recognized.
You'd then be limited to 750Ti.
That one that comes with the dell optiplex 755s :D i hope it works as mentioned in the dell website.
Will get the 750 ti if 1050 isn't supported.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't believe you'll have any problems then...

But, when it comes time for you to do a platform(cpu/motherboard/ram) change, you'll need to replace the case and power supply as well, due to the BTX form factor.
Standard mobo's, ATX power supplies won't fit.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
I don't believe you'll have any problems then...

But, when it comes time for you to do a platform(cpu/motherboard/ram) change, you'll need to replace the case and power supply as well, due to the BTX form factor.
Standard mobo's, ATX power supplies won't fit.
I got the gpu and it is working correctly Just had to remove the I/O plate and it's fit in the case perfectly ;)
Cheers!

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Reactions: Pr3dat0r P0w3r