Question Choosing between HDR (600) and G-Sync, new monitor help please!!

Oct 17, 2019
I'm looking for a new monitor. My PC specs are I9 9900k, RTX 2080, 16GB RAM. I have a really limited amount of options due to only some models being available in my country (Brazil), so these awesome "Best gaming monitor" lists never help me because the really good ones are either not available or are more expensive than my car (Acer X27 actually coast the same as my current car...). I know that the recommended ones are usually 1440p at 144hz but I can't seem to find any affordable ones that catch my eye. The only one that comes close is the AOC Agon AG352UCG6 (4.6k BRL) and Acer Predator X34 (5.3k BRL), but they are still quite expensive. There is also the Asus ROG Swift PG278QR (3.9k BRL), but this one is not ultrawide.
So I looked into some 4k options (I know, I know, 1440p 144hz is better, but as I said, I have limited options and I really like the pretty 4k textures) and the best within my price range that I found are:
  1. Asus ROG Swift PG27AQ - 27", IPS Panel, G-Sync, 4ms (GtG) (4.2k BRL, very expensive, almost the same price as the 2 QHD above)
  2. LG 32UL750-W - 31.5", VA Panel, Freesync (not on the compatible list, but there's a user here on this forum that said it's working), 4ms (GtG) (3.3k BRL, cheaper, makes my wallet happy)
The considerations are: I know some people don't like VA panels but I love their contrast, and if you check the display lag database, you'll see that the recent models have very low input lag, almost the same as an IPS monitor. I fell in love with HDR when I saw it the first time in person, but since my vga will struggle with some titles to keep 60fps at 4k, G-Sync is also an interesting option.

My profile: I mostly play games that are not on the competitive side. Recently I've been playing Destiny 2, World of Warcraft (an old addiction that I'm trying to get rid of) and Monster Hunter World. I love beautiful and graphically demanding games like Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, FF XV, etc.

If you guys could please help me decide I would be thankful. I was leaning towards expending less than 4k BRL, and if you guys have any suggestions, I can check if they are available here in Brazil.

Obs: BRL is our currency, Brazillian Real, 1USD = 4,16 BRL. Importing is not an option, the price more than doubles thanks to our taxes.

EDIT: I had to give up... Here in Brazil if you want some top of the line monitors, you have to be really rich. So I decided do give up on ultrawides or 4k for now and got the Acer Predator XB271HU for just 2.5k BRL. It's a good monitor, with 144hz (165 OC) 1440p and g-sync. The rest of the budget I'll just save for now and buy an OLED LG TV (the C9 probably) when the black friday comes to play a little further away or with the PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You have already mentioned that your options are limited. With that bit of info, would you be open to other suggestions? Meaning, can you provide an absolute budget for your display? Preferred site for purchase would also help us understand what you have access to. Otherwise we'll probbaly be going back and forth needlessly with suggestions. From the ones you've mentioned in your post, I'd get the AOC monitor but you're saying it's priced higher than you can afford.

Oct 17, 2019
Yes, I'm open to suggestions, thank you for the answer. A good indicator of what is available in Brazil is a site called www.zoom.com.br. It's a site that look for offers in many stores. My budget I'm willing to stretch to the AOC monitor if I get a good feedback about it, but there is a review in Tom's Hardware that kinda bashes it. Let's say 4.6k BRL is my max but the closer to 4k the better.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS