Question Choosing CPU and GPU for video editing PC

Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I will be building a PC for my granddad. The PC will be used for video editing in Pinnacle Studio 22 and photo editing in PS CC 2019 and Zoner Photo studio X. I need help choose CPU brand and GPU.

About the CPU i just need to know how much of a difference intel quick sync make in the Pinnacle? Because it will decide with what CPU brand i will go.

And about the GPU. How much GPU power is needed for those programs? Because i heard that you don't need much. So i was thinking about putting in just a gt 1030 gddr5 and pair it with a higher tier CPU. What do you think about that?

Thanks for help <3

Budget is about 600 dollars (for CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU and GPU), country is Czech Republic

In my head the PC look somethink like this:
R5 3600
msi b450 tomahawk
2x8gb 3200mhz
corsair cx450
gt 1030
I think it is reasonable to give up Intel Quick Sync for the hyperthreaded R5 3600. I would try to upgrade the GPU to a GTX 1650 if possible, though, for the extra VRAM and processing speed. That's a nice MB, but you could get a less expensive one and put the money toward the GPU.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018
I think it is reasonable to give up Intel Quick Sync for the hyperthreaded R5 3600. I would try to upgrade the GPU to a GTX 1650 if possible, though, for the extra VRAM and processing speed. That's a nice MB, but you could get a less expensive one and put the money toward the GPU.
Yeah thats true about the MB. But 1650 is overpriced for its performance and it's a bit out of the budget. And I just finish counting and i can't go higher than the gt 1030 with the R5 3600. So should i downgrade the CPU and go for better GPU (probably r5 2600 and rx570) or stick with this combo?

Yeah thats true about the MB. But 1650 is overpriced for its performance and it's a bit out of the budget. And I just finish counting and i can't go higher than the gt 1030 with the R5 3600. So should i downgrade the CPU and go for better GPU (probably r5 2600 and rx570) or stick with this combo?
Can you save money on the motherboard, maybe an Asrock Pro 4?

Yes i already replace the Tomahawk with this exact one xd, along with some cheaper RAM (Crucial Ballistics Sport LT 16gb 3200mhz), but it's still not enough to buy a better GPU...
I misread the opening statement and though he was also using Adobe Premier for video editing. It hard to get detailed information on Pinnacle Studio, but I think you are on the right track with the R5 3600 and the GTX 1030. If he is editing 4K videos though, he really needs 4 GB of VRAM or more.

Dec 18, 2018
I misread the opening statement and though he was also using Adobe Premier for video editing. It hard to get detailed information on Pinnacle Studio, but I think you are on the right track with the R5 3600 and the GTX 1030. If he is editing 4K videos though, he really needs 4 GB of VRAM or more.
That's true, i didn't think about that, i'll try to look for a rx 560 4gb or search a used market.

Reactions: Bearmann

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS