Question Choosing CPU and GPU for video editing PC

povrdominik

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I will be building a PC for my granddad. The PC will be used for video editing in Pinnacle Studio 22 and photo editing in PS CC 2019 and Zoner Photo studio X. I need help choose CPU brand and GPU.

About the CPU i just need to know how much of a difference intel quick sync make in the Pinnacle? Because it will decide with what CPU brand i will go.

And about the GPU. How much GPU power is needed for those programs? Because i heard that you don't need much. So i was thinking about putting in just a gt 1030 gddr5 and pair it with a higher tier CPU. What do you think about that?

Thanks for help <3

Budget is about 600 dollars (for CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU and GPU), country is Czech Republic

In my head the PC look somethink like this:
R5 3600
msi b450 tomahawk
2x8gb 3200mhz
corsair cx450
gt 1030

I think it is reasonable to give up Intel Quick Sync for the hyperthreaded R5 3600. I would try to upgrade the GPU to a GTX 1650 if possible, though, for the extra VRAM and processing speed. That's a nice MB, but you could get a less expensive one and put the money toward the GPU.

Last edited:

povrdominik

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
I think it is reasonable to give up Intel Quick Sync for the hyperthreaded R5 3600. I would try to upgrade the GPU to a GTX 1650 if possible, though, for the extra VRAM and processing speed. That's a nice MB, but you could get a less expensive one and put the money toward the GPU.
Yeah thats true about the MB. But 1650 is overpriced for its performance and it's a bit out of the budget. And I just finish counting and i can't go higher than the gt 1030 with the R5 3600. So should i downgrade the CPU and go for better GPU (probably r5 2600 and rx570) or stick with this combo?

Yes i already replace the Tomahawk with this exact one xd, along with some cheaper RAM (Crucial Ballistics Sport LT 16gb 3200mhz), but it's still not enough to buy a better GPU...

I misread the opening statement and though he was also using Adobe Premier for video editing. It hard to get detailed information on Pinnacle Studio, but I think you are on the right track with the R5 3600 and the GTX 1030. If he is editing 4K videos though, he really needs 4 GB of VRAM or more.

povrdominik

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
I misread the opening statement and though he was also using Adobe Premier for video editing. It hard to get detailed information on Pinnacle Studio, but I think you are on the right track with the R5 3600 and the GTX 1030. If he is editing 4K videos though, he really needs 4 GB of VRAM or more.
That's true, i didn't think about that, i'll try to look for a rx 560 4gb or search a used market.

Reactions: Bearmann

TRENDING THREADS