Choosing custom cables

Varenthal

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I currently have a Rosewill Photon 650 fully modular PSU for a PC I'll be having built within the next month or so, and I am considering custom cabling for the build. However from what I have gathered in looking at site such as cablemod.com is that the compatibility of cables seem to be specific to a PSU. Am I correct in this interpretation regarding compatibility of a PSU and custom cabling? Additionally I have not yet come across any custom cable kit that is compatible with my current PSU. I do plan in the near future to switch from the Rosewill Photon 650 to an NZXT Hale model around the same wattage and would like to not have to replace any custom cables I may get now. The reason for the change in PSUs is purely cosmetic. The components of the build are white and it was not until after I had ordered and received the Rosewill Photon 650 PSU that I found the NZXT Hale models which come in white. I am unsure of where to find the right cables that will be compatible with both or either PSU. Any advice on how to find the right custom cable kit for either PSU or one that is compatible with both is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all the advice and help.

Solution
Never mix cables from different PSU manufacturers or even same one but on different models unless you can 100% verify compatibility with PSU manufacturer. Not even if they look same. There's no industry wide standard for that part.