Choosing new Card

G

I'm looking for a new vid card. I current am running a tnt2 m64 on a p3 533EB with 128mb pc133. I have around 100 bucks to spend and I'm split between a tnt2 ultra and a geforce2 mx. After doing some research, i'm leaning more towards the geforce card. Can someone tell me what I should get for the best price/performance ratio? Thanx!

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
or better still a geforce256 ddr. The anhialator pro by creative labs is only 135 on pricewatch and that's with shipping.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

G

Well if i'm gonna go for a geforce2 mx based card...what brand should I get...there are plenty out there and I don't know which one would be a well priced one...preferably not too expensive(over 100)...thx in advance! Oh...i don't need TV out..just the card would suffice! thx again!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by WingZero on 11/30/00 02:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go with the prolink twinview g2mx or the leadtek or the asus. They actually all perform the same. The only differences are features. You can get the asus (16 meg)for around 116 on pricewatch with shipping, but let me repeat- gforce1 ddr's conciderably out perform g2mx's. and for 19 dollars more, it's a hell of a deal.
Prices for g2mx's start at 90 so under 100 is hard. you can get a vision tek which has 32megs of ram for 99 plus shipping. If I was to get a g2mx I would get that one.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jg38141 on 11/30/00 03:12 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

all cards are almost the same if you install nv driver.

just keep your eyes on the price tag. :)

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have always been partial to Guillemot(Hercules) or Asus cards. Never given me trouble. I don't recommend generics like vision tek. Non existant driver support so you have to use the sometimes unstable detonator drivers. I would say definately Guillemot or Asus. The Guillemot GF2 MX is only like 112 or so.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

Thx for the replies! I've seent he visionTek gf2mx for 99bucks + 10 s/h! FITS MY BAG! =) So i'm gonna go ahead and purchase it! Thx for all the comments!

crap, almost forgot! I just want to know if anyone out there has any compatability probs with this card and a asus p3v4x board! here are my specs, someone tell me if it will be compatible or not before I buy! thx again!

p3 533eb
128mb pc133
asus p3v4x w/bios 1005

I've been <b> Dazed </b> and <b> Confused </b> for so long... :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by WingZero on 12/01/00 04:35 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

no prob. at all. go ahead for it!

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

G

heh, thx again!

I've been <b> Dazed </b> and <b> Confused </b> for so long... :eek:

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are on a budget like I am, look at the GeForce DDR 32meg original. They are like 137 bucks at Sunway.com, make sure you get the rev. B Leadtek. Really, look at the graphs here and elsewhere. There is like only a 20 per cent difference tween the GF and GF2. Take-Out