[SOLVED] Choosing new CPU

Skippy2416

Honorable
Mar 7, 2017
Ok, so I am getting a new PC that will hopefully carry me through the rest of College and somewhat beyond for gaming and my work computer. I am upgrading from and 8350, and R9 380, 16 gig ram, and a 970 motherboard, which I am selling and getting a new rig. So the question is, should I get a 3600 and pay a hundred more over the Ryzen3 3200G, or just go straight to 3600x. The gaming I do is on 1080p and games like Total War.

My current build I have in mind is

MSI Performance Gaming 450M
gigabyte 1660 OC
OLOy Warhawk 16GB DDR4 3600

Last edited:
Solution
For gaming you'll want/need a dedicated gpu. So absolutely no point in going with an APU that has a shortchanged cpu/l-cache to make room under the IHS for a integrated gpu. That's like buying a car with an 8 cylinder engine and only 4 spark plug wires. All show and no go.

Stick with the 3600. The money saved can be stuck into a better gpu, better storage etc.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For gaming you'll want/need a dedicated gpu. So absolutely no point in going with an APU that has a shortchanged cpu/l-cache to make room under the IHS for a integrated gpu. That's like buying a car with an 8 cylinder engine and only 4 spark plug wires. All show and no go.

Stick with the 3600. The money saved can be stuck into a better gpu, better storage etc.

Solution