Choosing Optical Drives

I'm considering getting an NEC 3520A DVD burner and a Samsung TS-H352A
DVD-ROM drive (also known as the Toshiba SD-M1912) . Both would be connected
to my mobo's secondary IDE channel. Is this a good pairing?

Also, would I be better off choosing the same brand for both burner and ROM
drive? Thanks.

Mobo: Intel D865PERLK
OS: WinXP Pro
Software: Nero 6

No need to choose the same brand for reader and writer. Don't know much
baout the NEC burner you mention, but I can recommend the LG GSA-4160B DVD
writer. It can write to all formats inc DL and DVD-RAM, is a good price
(well it is in the UK) and performa very well.