[SOLVED] Choosing the best GPU for mining

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Hello guys! I am writing to ask you for a little tip. So I am going to spend around 1200 euro on a mining card or maybe more cards for the same price. Here where I live in Bulgaria it is almost impossible to get something new on decent price. You know the prices on the GPU's and how the thing are lately. So I was thinking what will be the best offer for this money and searched for some used cards with warranty still left. I am looking for something newer with warranty because 1200$ is not a small amount for me. But there are cheaper used cards but the thing is i can get more cards and have better profit but they have no warranty and are used too for mining. I think it's a risk and it's all about luck if i buy them without warranty but for the same money the profit will be better. For 1200 euro I can only get 2 GTX 1660 Supers or Ti's .Which will give me around 62 MH/s. For the same price I can get RX 580 8gb , but with warranty and same results. And the last options which I find risky but most profitable is to buy 4 or 5 GTX 1060 6gb used without warranty. Which do you thing will be the best offer because I am hesitating what will be the best way to invest those 1200 euros by the best possible way. And if I am still waiting the prices only go up and it's almost impossible to find a video card whenever its is.

Solution
Single Rx580 that gets same(ish) results as 2x 1660's or 4-5 1060's. Now add up the psu costs, electric costs, space costs and you'll find that a single card has much better overall appeal vs multiple gpus.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Single Rx580 that gets same(ish) results as 2x 1660's or 4-5 1060's. Now add up the psu costs, electric costs, space costs and you'll find that a single card has much better overall appeal vs multiple gpus.
My bad I wanted to say that I can get 2x RX 580 8Gb for the same price as the 2x1660's and both are with warranty the RX580 8gb and Gtx 1660's. Only the gtx 1060 6gb doesn't have a warranty. I was thinking about buying RTX 3060 non LHR but the prices are insane so I think better 2 cards for the same price but making higher MH/s will be best options or maybe I was wrong. Currently I have one 2080 Ti mining only.