[SOLVED] Choosingbetween Samsung 860Evo 2T vs WD Blue 2T vs Segate BarraCuda SSD

rockman413

Reputable
Apr 7, 2017
Hi there,
I want to buy a 2T SSD Choosingbetween Samsung 860Evo 2T vs WD Blue 2T vs Segate BarraCuda SSD

I know Samsung is probably the first and best SSD, I know WD/Segate is great at HDD but not sure about their SSD.
From the data it looks like Samsung 860 evo has the biggest TBW, but it seems WD blue 2T is just a little bit faster.

How do you think?

Solution
Samsung 860 evo 2tb and WD blue 2tb are somewhat comparable in performance.

I would not pick the seagate ssd/HDD. the ssd portion is simply not big enough to perform on a par with a true ssd.

If you have m.2 pcie available, 970 evo Plus is tops while intel 660p is an economic performer.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi there,
I want to buy a 2T SSD Choosingbetween Samsung 860Evo 2T vs WD Blue 2T vs Segate BarraCuda SSD

I know Samsung is probably the first and best SSD, I know WD/Segate is great at HDD but not sure about their SSD.
From the data it looks like Samsung 860 evo has the biggest TBW, but it seems WD blue 2T is just a little bit faster.

How do you think?
Unless you're down in the bottom levels of SATA III SSD, speeds are about the same.

A 'larger' TBW is mostly irrelevant. Unless you're using this in a data center, you'll not see that number before it ages out of warranty. Not even 1/2 that number.

Other choices:
Crucial MX500 (SATA)
Intel 660p (NVMe)
Crucial P1 (NVMe)

rockman413

Reputable
Apr 7, 2017
Unless you're down in the bottom levels of SATA III SSD, speeds are about the same.

A 'larger' TBW is mostly irrelevant. Unless you're using this in a data center, you'll not see that number before it ages out of warranty. Not even 1/2 that number.

Other choices:
Crucial MX500 (SATA)
Intel 660p (NVMe)
Crucial P1 (NVMe)

Thanks! I can only use the SATA for now.
How about stability/ reliable ? Is Samsung 860 EVO more reliable than WD 2T blue 3D NAND?
In my country there's no Crucial available now, and I doubt that Seagate SSD, so I guess my choice is between this two now.

Samsung 860 evo 2tb and WD blue 2tb are somewhat comparable in performance.

I would not pick the seagate ssd/HDD. the ssd portion is simply not big enough to perform on a par with a true ssd.

If you have m.2 pcie available, 970 evo Plus is tops while intel 660p is an economic performer.

Solution