Question Choppiness and lag?

Feb 25, 2020
Hey everybody. Recently, I bought a new PC. I spent 1800$ on this and all the parts are crazy good. My old computer was like 20 times worse but with this new one I am getting the same or even worse fps than the last. That does not seem right to me. Not only that, but in-game, there is just not smooth and choppiness feeling. Right now, I only have 60hrtz cuz of cord problems but tomorrow I should be able to access 144hrtz. Either way though, I feel like I should be getting more FPS. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, willing to talk over discord or on here or whatever. This was a big investment for me so I really want to fix it. LMK
SPECS:
Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700K 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
What resolution? Full specs (theres also no such thing as a 2020 super)? Are you capping out at 60fps?
Hey, I meant 2070*** also I am not capping anything
make and model of the psu?
fresh os install?
what the cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
all temps are fine and so are the bench mark tests. Do you think the choppiness could be from the monitor and cord. It’s maxed at 60 hertz and it’s an old hdmi cord. The fps is pretty good but still feel choppiness and lag. Feel like it’s monitor.