Question choppy games or choppy over all

Jul 28, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
So like i had my whole entire system changed recently pretty much i sent my gpu to rma they gave me a new one then that one was faulty they gave me a new one then i changed mobo and cpu . So like everytime i re build my rig or try a diff graphics card and feel that 165hz 165fps feeling on games its like super smooth . then i play an hour it feels smooth but i can tell the first feeling was much better. I dont know if its my eyes just getting used to it but can this be a problem w my rig ( i changed pretty much everything like 2 times every time i tried i felt that smoothness but it goes away after.)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
System specs?

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Jul 28, 2020
recently i changed all of my rig (cpu, gpu, motherboard) with warranties by replacement. so everything was good n stuff (except i didnt reset windows when i replaced the enw parts) ok so everything was good. i have this aorus z390 pro wifi motherboard. it had this DISK CHECKING thing. i was usually skipping it but now it didnt lemme skip and checked it. it booted so slowly and the windows gave the error saying the pc didnt startup correctly (this all happened all of a sudden ) then my fps is way lower than before right now any help?

USAFRet

Titan
(except i didnt reset windows when i replaced the enw parts)
Yeah...you need to do a full OS reinstall.

Not simply "reset", but a full wipe and reinstall.

Jul 28, 2020
Yeah...you need to do a full OS reinstall.

Not simply "reset", but a full wipe and reinstall.
ok ill reset windows and install from a USB afresh install i hope it works cuz this is like my 8th time contacting both intel and asus for areplacement

USAFRet

Titan
welli had like a ton of issues in the past too should i change the drive?
Yes.
New drive AND a fresh OS install.

Jul 28, 2020
Yes.
New drive AND a fresh OS install.

also anotehr question resetting windows like this without resetting gpu drivgers n stuff wouldnt harm anything right. like the gpu the mouse n stuff

Jul 28, 2020
So like i changed my whole hardware except for the power supply and monitor and ssd with the exact new ones. new mb new gpu new cpu. (i changed all of those because my system got really bad i changed them via warranties. they got replaced) so everything was fine when i got all those new hardware for a few days then again! my fps was like my old. I was going below 165 fps with v sync in games like valorant.csgo. and many more. Why does this happen?? So when i experienced that I REPLACED ALL THE PARTS AGAIN! EVERYTHING WAS GOOD AGAIN FOR A FEW DAYS I RESETTED WINDOWS ALWAYS. until yesterday everything was good. i never installed anything new or added anything new to my pc so i dont think its any software. everything was good until yesterday now im getting fps drops too why tdoes this happen? could my monitor or psu have anything to do with this? i have an
Asus rog strix rtx 2070
i7 9700k
z390 aorus pro WIFI
860 evo ssd 500gb
750w seasonic semi modular 80+
acer 165hz XV240Y monitor
i have tried reinstalluing windows its still the same. everytime i change those 3 hardwares everything is fine for acouple days and then its terrible
temps are also so fine

Last edited: