chord creation program

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlaxwsam

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Wonderin' if anybody has come across any software that effectively creates appropriate chords to a mono melody played on a keyboard - midi or otherwise? I guess what I'm thinking is that when you pick out a tune, note by note and play it over a few times so you can play it smoothly with the correct pauses/timing to match the vocal phrasing that you will later lay over the notes - there should be enough information for a smart program to lay the right cords behind that I'd think. If melodyne can pick out exact vocal keys and even alter them to bring them into pitch - and old programs like Wildcat Canyon's Autoscore can pitch chase and write a score from a mono vocal line, why not bring on the chords -or have I just missed an existing program that does that?

tlaxwsam

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Thanks, Marute - there are a number of programs that will pitch-chase and then write it out in proper music tablature - I was looking for one that will understand the mono notes being played and put backing chords to them. Appreciate your response, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.