Question chosing btw 3060ti brands

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i had a msi ventus 2060 6Gb edition and due to new game releases that requires more than 6gb Vram, i thought why not upgrade it to 3060 or even AMD. i couldn't find good amd deal on
those i had in mind but i found some 3060ti with these brand. which one is better consider that its 2nd hand.
1-asus 3060ti mini
2-msi ventus 3060ti
and another ventus msi with 2X at end which I dont know if there is a difference between them.
4- inno 3d
5-gainward (or sth like that)
6- galax.

so thought to pick the one with lowest temperature in reviews but it seems there is no reviews on that.

by the way my 2060 was almost on 80°c and higher than what it supposed to be. are 3000 series operate on lower temperature?

p.s, i found another deal on 2060 super with 25% lower price tag.
and another strange deal on XFX amd 6900xt with only 35% higher price tag. but a friend told me that AMD may have driver problems and game crash. so i skip that one. also i found a 3070 , same price as 6900xt.

It doesn't matter much if it is MSI, ASUS or Galax, as the GPU itself and all the important components are the same. The only difference is cooling, so just take the beefiest looking one that would fit in your case.

As for driver issues with AMD, I personally have had quite a bit, and so have friends in some games, especially cod, cyberpunk and far cry (Visual bugs of sorts, like textures not working or the entire screen go crazy with random colors)
But, it is said that the drivers are getting better each day, and even improve performance.
The 6900XT should be as fast as the 3080Ti (Not in ray-tracing though.)
So it might be the best choice if you can afford it and you don't mind dealing with the odd bug here and there.

The 2060 super is not a good upgrade since it is only like 10% faster than the 2060.

In my opinion, if you want something stable, and can afford it, get the 3070.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
It doesn't matter much if it is MSI, ASUS or Galax, as the GPU itself and all the important components are the same. The only difference is cooling, so just take the beefiest looking one that would fit in your case.

As for driver issues with AMD, I personally have had quite a bit, and so have friends in some games, especially cod, cyberpunk and far cry (Visual bugs of sorts, like textures not working or the entire screen go crazy with random colors)
But, it is said that the drivers are getting better each day, and even improve performance.
The 6900XT should be as fast as the 3080Ti (Not in ray-tracing though.)
So it might be the best choice if you can afford it and you don't mind dealing with the odd bug here and there.

The 2060 super is not a good upgrade since it is only like 10% faster than the 2060.

In my opinion, if you want something stable, and can afford it, get the 3070.
thanks, my monitor is 1080p and i have no plans yet to upgrade it. and using 12100 as my cpu .
so i thought maby someone had one of those brand i mentioned and he or she could recommend the cooling system.

thanks, my monitor is 1080p and i have no plans yet to upgrade it. and using 12100 as my cpu .
so i thought maby someone had one of those brand i mentioned and he or she could recommend the cooling system.
All the companies have higher end and lower end coolers varients.
mostly bigger = better, but any of these companies have adaquet coolers on their cards, even if it's 5 degrees higher or lower.

Reactions: .valkyrie.
hi, i had a msi ventus 2060 6Gb edition and due to new game releases that requires more than 6gb Vram, i thought why not upgrade it to 3060 or even AMD. i couldn't find good amd deal on
those i had in mind but i found some 3060ti with these brand. which one is better consider that its 2nd hand.
1-asus 3060ti mini
2-msi ventus 3060ti
and another ventus msi with 2X at end which I dont know if there is a difference between them.
4- inno 3d
5-gainward (or sth like that)
6- galax.

so thought to pick the one with lowest temperature in reviews but it seems there is no reviews on that.

by the way my 2060 was almost on 80°c and higher than what it supposed to be. are 3000 series operate on lower temperature?

p.s, i found another deal on 2060 super with 25% lower price tag.
and another strange deal on XFX amd 6900xt with only 35% higher price tag. but a friend told me that AMD may have driver problems and game crash. so i skip that one. also i found a 3070 , same price as 6900xt.
Hey there,

Be wary of second hand. The market is saturated with mining cards, and you just never know what you'll get. Two things I won't ever buy second hand - GPU/PSU, everything else I'd consider.

The Radeon 6700xt is a stellar performer and a little cheaper than a new 3060ti, but with more performance,.

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Hey there,

Be wary of second hand. The market is saturated with mining cards, and you just never know what you'll get. Two things I won't ever buy second hand - GPU/PSU, everything else I'd consider.

The Radeon 6700xt is a stellar performer and a little cheaper than a new 3060ti, but with more performance,.
my psu is 650w brand new Corsair cX650
16gb ram and 12100....

does picking rtx 3070 is good idea? with 12100?
by the way, the Asus mini 3060ti one on my list is still under warranty until 2024 and it look really shiny and new . yet i still have NO idea what temperature should it be on and i can't find any review on that card to know for sure...

but about 3070 ,
there is a zotac with 2 fan and it run 72C and a msi ventus running 70c ..... (i Don't know if its normal or high)

Hey there,

GPUs are perfectly good 2nd hand, even if they had been mining for years.
It has been demonstrated over and over again by lots of reviewers that even if a GPU has been gaming, mining or has been tested on it will still have 100% of it's perfromance.

Basically, if it works, then it works, "degradation" isn't really a thing.

Mining GPUS are usually even in better conditions than cards that have been gaming since they undervolt them.

PSU I consider to be an investment, so you should buy a proper PSU and keep it for years, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with a used PSU as long as it is high quality.

my psu is 650w brand new Corsair cX650
16gb ram and 12100....

does picking rtx 3070 is good idea? with 12100?
by the way, the Asus mini 3060ti one on my list is still under warranty until 2024 and it look really shiny and new . yet i still have NO idea what temperature should it be on and i can't find any review on that card to know for sure...

but about 3070 ,
there is a zotac with 2 fan and it run 72C and a msi ventus running 70c ..... (i Don't know if its normal or high)
The cx650 is a little lower quality than I'd like for a 3070, but it should be fine.

70 degrees is perfectly normal.
GPUs usually have an operating range up to 80-100 degrees (on Nvidia it's usually 82 by default)

If your cpu is a 12100 and your monitor is 1080p, there is no reason for you to buy an rtx 3070 or even 3060ti.

Every game will run pretty darn well with a 3060 or even 3050, and those would match the rest of your system better in terms of overall build.

GPUs are perfectly good 2nd hand, even if they had been mining for years.
It has been demonstrated over and over again by lots of reviewers that even if a GPU has been gaming, mining or has been tested on it will still have 100% of it's perfromance.

Whilst they can be good, the most certainly can also be bad. As is evident of the many posts on Tom's in relation to it, along with other outlets.

Sure, if you wanna take a chance(~which is really all you have) then go ahead. That's your choice (and the OPs).

However, doing so runs the risk of the GPU being mined on, have a changed bios, and all manor of other things which makes the purchase of a second hand unit all the more risky. Most gamers don't game 24hrsa a day. But most GPU's that have mined do run 24hrs a day. Are you telling me that the mined GPU will last as long as one that isn't mined. Fans/Thermal pastes etc. It's a risky buy whether you agree or not.

Edit: It's easy for us on our pedestal to offer advice. When offering the advice, an OP's interest is of key import. If their second-hand GPU fails within a week/month/year, will you reimburse him for the card?

I suspect not.

Anywho, point made, and the OP has some deciding to do :)

Whilst they can be good, the most certainly can also be bad. As is evident of the many posts on Tom's in relation to it, along with other outlets.

Sure, if you wanna take a chance(~which is really all you have) then go ahead. That's your choice (and the OPs).

However, doing so runs the risk of the GPU being mined on, have a changed bios, and all manor of other things which makes the purchase of a second hand unit all the more risky. Most gamers don't game 24hrsa a day. But most GPU's that have mined do run 24hrs a day. Are you telling me that the mined GPU will last as long as one that isn't mined. Fans/Thermal pastes etc. It's a risky buy whether you agree or not.

Edit: It's easy for us on our pedestal to offer advice. When offering the advice, an OP's interest is of key import. If their second-hand GPU fails within a week/month/year, will you reimburse him for the card?

I suspect not.

Anywho, point made, and the OP has some deciding to do :)
It obviously poses more risks than a brand new card, but the failure rate is so low, that it's a very small risk, and personally, if it's third the price of a new equivalent card it's more than worth the minor risk.

I have personally bought multiple 2nd hand gpus for friends and family, some were probably mined on, some weren't, but all of them are working 100%, the only one to have any sort of problem was a gtx 970, and it's fan broke after a year, bought a 10$ replacement off ebay and fixed it.

As for alternative bios, you can usually just ask the seller to show you it works in person if it's local (which I would recommend over ebay.)
Or just reflash the bios yourself.

When it's half or less of the price of a new card with the same performance, it can die and you could buy another one and still be on top.

I decided not to pull the trigger just yet, but rtx 3070's 2nd hand have been going for around 250 dollars where I live, while new ones cost more than 650 for the lower end options.

Here are a few videos that test this:
(Obviously these are a small sample size, but it's evident to me from experience and these videos that cards failing are fairly rare.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFytB3bb1P8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKk2dDMN1Xs

IDProG

Distinguished
Here's my two cents:
DO NOT BUY USED GPUs!

Do not listen to these other people telling you that it is okay to buy post-mining GPU.

"But they undervolt the cards"
Don't kid yourself. They only undervolt and underclock the clock speed of the GPU, to maximize the hash efficiency, not because "we treat the GPUs with care" or some nonsense. That's right, selfish reasons.

Also, what they don't (want to) tell you is that THEY OVERCLOCKED THE VRAM LIKE CRAZY!
VRAM speed is important to improve hash rate. The faster the VRAM, the higher the hash rate. You can bet your ass that these miners overclocked their VRAM (maybe even to the point of overheating), since it would improve hash rate significantly without a huge bump in power consumption.

It is common sense that a post-mining GPU will not last as long as a fresh new GPU, even if it is undervolted.

Also, even if we're living in a magical world and mining does zero impact on the graphics card, we can not buy these cards to teach those filthy miners a lesson for both screwing over PC builders and the world with their selfish power consumption.

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
The cx650 is a little lower quality than I'd like for a 3070, but it should be fine.

70 degrees is perfectly normal.
GPUs usually have an operating range up to 80-100 degrees (on Nvidia it's usually 82 by default)

If your cpu is a 12100 and your monitor is 1080p, there is no reason for you to buy an rtx 3070 or even 3060ti.

Every game will run pretty darn well with a 3060 or even 3050, and those would match the rest of your system better in terms of overall build.
3050 is almost the same as 2060 and that card always had full Vram. so i decided yo change it.
i was monitoring my cpu and gpu usage and at least on those game i played , i always had 100% gpu and 50-80% cpu so i think 3050 is not a good idea.
but maybe in future, if i see bottleneck, i will change it for 13400 or 600 ...

also 3050 have only 10% lower price tag compre to 3060 at least here where i live. and 3060 and ti variant are almost the same price since 3060 is 12 Gb and ti one is 8gb. and 3070 is 10% higher than 3060...
and ofc i am talking about 2nd hand market since new one is completely different story.

so if the temperature is normal, brands doesn't matter at all? right?
also how is it people's card on youtube operate on 55-60 °C?

Here's my two cents:
DO NOT BUY USED GPUs!

Do not listen to these other people telling you that it is okay to buy post-mining GPU.

"But they undervolt the cards"
Don't kid yourself. They only undervolt and underclock the clock speed of the GPU, to maximize the hash efficiency, not because "we treat the GPUs with care" or some nonsense. That's right, selfish reasons.

Also, what they don't (want to) tell you is that THEY OVERCLOCKED THE VRAM LIKE CRAZY!
VRAM speed is important to improve hash rate. The faster the VRAM, the higher the hash rate. You can bet your ass that these miners overclocked their VRAM (maybe even to the point of overheating), since it would improve hash rate significantly without a huge bump in power consumption.

It is common sense that a post-mining GPU will not last as long as a fresh new GPU, even if it is undervolted.

Also, even if we're living in a magical world and mining does zero impact on the graphics card, we can not buy these cards to teach those filthy miners a lesson for both screwing over PC builders and the world with their selfish power consumption.
Memory dying is such a rare occurance I have never one seen it happen on anything.

I still have perfectly working ddr1 and ddr2 sticks that have been working for years and years, and Vram is very similar.

And while "punishing" miners by not buying from them is good and all, I personally think that what they gain doesn't matter to me, for me it's a win sine it's cheaper.

And yes, they don't undervolt the core to make the card last longer and it's for "selfish" reasons to make more money, but that doesn't change the fact that they undervolt the card and make it run cooler.

3050 is almost the same as 2060 and that card always had full Vram. so i decided yo change it.
i was monitoring my cpu and gpu usage and at least on those game i played , i always had 100% gpu and 50-80% cpu so i think 3050 is not a good idea.
but maybe in future, if i see bottleneck, i will change it for 13400 or 600 ...

also 3050 have only 10% lower price tag compre to 3060 at least here where i live. and 3060 and ti variant are almost the same price since 3060 is 12 Gb and ti one is 8gb. and 3070 is 10% higher than 3060...
and ofc i am talking about 2nd hand market since new one is completely different story.

so if the temperature is normal, brands doesn't matter at all? right?
also how is it people's card on youtube operate on 55-60 °C?
Reviewers usually run the cards in ideal conditions (Climate controlled room, open test bench ect.)
Your room and your case are probably not "ideal".

Also, the 3070 is about 30% faster than the 3060, and 15% than the 3060 ti.
And yes, as long as the temperature is normal the brand does not matter.

Galax, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte do not make "GPU"s or Vram, they make PCBs and coolers, and buy the Vram from samsung/sk hynix/micron and the gpus from nvidia/amd.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Reviewers usually run the cards in ideal conditions (Climate controlled room, open test bench ect.)
Your room and your case are probably not "ideal".

Also, the 3070 is about 30% faster than the 3060, and 15% than the 3060 ti.
And yes, as long as the temperature is normal the brand does not matter.

Galax, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte do not make "GPU"s or Vram, they make PCBs and coolers, and buy the Vram from samsung/sk hynix/micron and the gpus from nvidia/amd.
my room is about 20C .
i wonder where they live 😅

Memory dying is such a rare occurance I have never one seen it happen on anything.

I still have perfectly working ddr1 and ddr2 sticks that have been working for years and years, and Vram is very similar.
Vram on a graphics card and system ram are completely different things.

Vram going bad happens a lot and there are a lot of ways for that happening.
Bad solder joints, micro cracks in soldering, flexing of pcb causing ripping off vram modules, liquid damage from AIOs, liquid metal damage e.t.c.

Watch some videos. You'll get a better understanding about possible problems with vram.

Vram on a graphics card and system ram are completely different things.

Vram going bad happens a lot and there are a lot of ways for that happening.
Bad solder joints, micro cracks in soldering, flexing of pcb causing ripping off vram modules, liquid damage from AIOs, liquid metal damage e.t.c.

Watch some videos. You'll get a better understanding about possible problems with vram.
Of course it can die in a multiple of ways, but it is quite rare even with heavily used mining cards.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
So today i went there to pick one and i saw two extremely new card. MSI ventus 2X (2x fan) , 3060ti and 3070. i could test 3070 one , and it was running 74C in default RPM. and he calim that this card is never used for mining and it was for pure gaming. though I cant be sure since they all may 🤥.

this card is something else compare to the other 3070 i mentioned above. that other store cheated and that card was limited to 93% and 70C and on furmark , FPS was 171 (my friend told me it should be around 220 with X0 quality)
so i decide NOT to buy that.

by the way, i bought a 2060 MSi ventus as well, this one is still under warranty until 2024. but i'm not sure btw 3060ti and 3070 and price difference is only 8% in favor of 3070 ofc...

by any chance, do you know how much is the temperature on brand new one?