Christmas Comes Early For Gamers With Winter Game Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I prefer NO DRM, PERIOD. GOG or bust. I purchase a pack monthly these days it seems (dang sales). I refuse to pay for DRM. That is over for me, much like cutting cable tv ;). Can't go back on either at this point. Buy more gog stuff than I can even get to these days.

x2 on GOG. If it's on GOG, you better believe I'll buy in on GOG before Steam.

And Screw Doom, and it's DRM, As much as I'd like to play it, it's always on internet connection requirement is BS. Not to mention even if you buy the physical copy, you still have to download 45 GB? Sorry, I got screwed by DRM in Doom3, and ended up having to download a crack for a game I legally purchased. Won't do it again unless they release a DRM free version, I don't care how cheap it is.

It's sad because gamers today won't have the chance to go back and play games of their past. these servers won't be around when they feel nostalgic, and want to play these games, or show their kids what they played. I'm now showing my son Atari 2600 games, and old DOS games, no DRM servers to worry about.

jaged

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I didn't realize GoG(Good Old Games i believe it stands for) actually sold new(ish) games. I thought it was all older stuff. I remember buying all the Zork games and fallout 1 & 2 from them quite a long time ago. I'll have to check it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS