Christmas Presents/"Toys"?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zornundo

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I got a DVD drive and Dark Messiah. I also have loads of leftover cash and will wait a few months to spend it, probably on a new system to replace my current Athlon 64 3200+ and Radeon 9800 Pro. I could splurge now, but I really need to spend extra time on studying for the last two sections of the CPA exam. Once that's finished, I will see what's out and spoil the sh*t out of myself, especially when I pass!

james11ace

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
hope all had a good day

i got £400, 6 feet under all series , some vinyls, loads of clothes and a reason to get wasted

now just have to hang in for the real party on new years :twisted:

crualtortus

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
yeah well i got a 22 inch widescreen westinghouse, and 3 8800GTX.

what the hell are you going to do with 3 of 'em?

i was jk. but i did get a 22 inch monitor. im guessing the third would be for physics processing or something.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
i got a bicycle and an anti-mountaintop-removal t-shirt and a bunch of books and this really cool statue of buddah from some really cool artisan somewhere on the earth and a bunch of money to go towards a wii or hookers or something... prolly a wii.

oh, and a red rider bbgun. of course. but no eye-shooting-out yet.

happy boxing day!

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Very cool ....

I also got a 8 piece souffle set, an all-clad non-stick set, and a Toshiba portable DVD player.... it was a good x-mas.

My wife tried to get me Dark Messiah but she got confused and got me Marrowind game of the year edition -- which I already have... will need to make a trip back to best-buy.

Jack

An all-clad non-stick set? I got one of those for my sister's godmother. Yeah... I got a warr guitar... if any of you guys know what that is, I got the Trey Gunn Signiature Series... 10 strings... incredible guitar. Now I need to learn how to play it! As for computer stuff, that's all for my bday. 8800GTX water-cooled... or R600 water-cooled.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
if you have enough cash you could get the hooker to dress up in a wii suit.

haha! good idea! and then shoot her with my red rider bbgun while riding my bicycle and reading a book with my buddah on my shoulder!

...i'm so posting a vid of this on youtube....

@dante:
wtf do you do with 10 strings? 12 i get, but 10....?

Chil

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I got a Sansa e270, some new headphones, an Evercool VC-RE for my motherboard, a few items of clothing, a Snakes On a Plane poster, and a crap load of gift cards, because there aren't any PC games worth buying right now. However, I'm probably getting a guitar tomorrow as a late gift (I'm also selling my $2200 saxaphone to help pay for it).

EDIT: I also got alot of music from Azu... I mean Santa.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
An all-clad non-stick set? I got one of those for my sister's godmother. Yeah... I got a warr guitar... if any of you guys know what that is, I got the Trey Gunn Signiature Series... 10 strings... incredible guitar. Now I need to learn how to play it! As for computer stuff, that's all for my bday. 8800GTX water-cooled... or R600 water-cooled.

Wow, that's a fine instrument. Instruments like that and the Chapman Stick etc... are really interesting. I'd love to spend a bit of money someday on some 'beyond' guitars like those. The closest I've got is a Ukulele!

I've always wondered though, what sort of amplifier do you use for an instrument with that wide a range?

cherie22984

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
For us poor ppl is all about the Family and being together. :wink:
My GF game my present early, one final upgrade for my 939.
4800 Toledo, now @2.6

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I got an STD. The last one I needed to complete my set. :twisted:

Nothing directly computer related, though. Got a toaster oven with a popup toaster built into the back of it. That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! 8)

But mostly I got laid. :lol:

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! Cool

Well I was pretty sure I knew what it was, then I Googled it (which was cheating) and confirmed that indeed I was correct.

Though I know nothing about bikes, people only really refer to things like Guitars and Cars and things like that by specific year. That in combination with the fact that you hyphenated H-D gave me my clue.

Can I have the prize now please? (I'll take a dual-Clovertown Mac Pro thanks!)

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! Cool

Well I was pretty sure I knew what it was, then I Googled it (which was cheating) and confirmed that indeed I was correct.

Though I know nothing about bikes, people only really refer to things like Guitars and Cars and things like that by specific year. That in combination with the fact that you hyphenated H-D gave me my clue.

Can I have the prize now please? (I'll take a dual-Clovertown Mac Pro thanks!)

Googling is cheatin' dude. Do you know that on some foreign versions of "Who wants to be a millionaire" they place a staffer at the home of the contestant so that when they call in for the lifeline your PC is OFF? But you do get brownie points for spotting the hyphenation. So just gimme your address and your Mac will be in the mail. It's a dual, just like you wanted. An SE with dual floppy drives! :lol:

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Whoa, a computer with a floppy drive. Haven't had one of those in a lo-ong time.

The Mac SE was a revelation! It had two entire floppies! You could put the OS on one and run your apps on the other. Before that, you'd have to swap out through a single floppy drive that had OS, apps and files on it. Now that was fun. And productive too! This, of course, was at a time when only servers had hard drives!!!

Hope you enjoy the Mac dual you've won! :D

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Wow, that's a fine instrument. Instruments like that and the Chapman Stick etc... are really interesting. I'd love to spend a bit of money someday on some 'beyond' guitars like those. The closest I've got is a Ukulele!

I've always wondered though, what sort of amplifier do you use for an instrument with that wide a range?

Well... you actually have a stereo output so you use a bass amp for the bass side... and a guitar amp for the guitar side. Then you can use whatever preamps and effects you want.

I don't really celebrate Christmas since I'm an atheist. I dumped a decent amount of money over the summer to upgrade to E6600 so I didn't really buy any new hardware except for a WD 320GB hard drive. But that was over a month ago.

I did buy the Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex (season 1) Box Set a couple of weeks ago for $60 so I suppose that my "Christmas Gift" to myself.

I'm actually keeping a very leash on my spending lately since I'm thinking about going back to school and get a masters degree in IT and paying for it out of my own pocket.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
well you don't have to be christian to celebrate the capitalistic holiday of christmas.. but i totally understand for school and if you already got alls you need.... i'm kinda agnostic athiest too but i'm a deacon at the same time at my church :roll: so i'm not technically christian either.... although now isn't really the time or place to go into that.... this thread is kinda a testament to the overwhelming capitalism of christmas, its quite sad, but Ninja was close to the idea with his hopes for goodwill to all mankind and peace on earth.... oh well.

p.s. ghost in the shell ROX!

good luck on your degree! you should go for it! although i totally don't know you at all or know what else is going on your life. heh. go for it anyway! :wink:

devolutionary

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
My presents were crap, but I spent a god awful sum of cash on myself (well, god awful for me anyway);

2x 1024 G.Skill DDR2 667
250Gb Seagate 7200.10
Heros of Might and Magic 5
Dungeon Siege 2
Titan Quest (yes, cheesy RPGs all the way!)
Dawn of War Anthology

and today I'm heading out to get a Big Typhoon, some more case fans, and I think, just as an aside, a 19"WS LCD... *coughs*

Did I mention that prices in New Zealand suck? Well now ya know. My $3000 gaming rig is almost complete, muah!

thelostchild

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
i got this

B000BAFN6K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

im happy
same although I got a 30Gb and its almost full now, guess I'll have to slim down my music slightly :oops:

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
same although I got a 30Gb and its almost full now, guess I'll have to slim down my music slightly :oops:

Damn. I remember when taking along four hours of music for a long drive meant a small suitcase crammed with 8-tracks. Now we bitch about our low-end handhelds barely carrying 500 hours! :D

well you don't have to be christian to celebrate the capitalistic holiday of christmas..

Well, I guess I'm a hardcore atheist. However, I do listen to death metal a lot. Go figure...

Anywaste, for an "evil version" of Christmas grab bag that I do with my friends in January I did buy a 2GB iPod Nano. They usually like to about $30, but what the hell since I'm thinking about blowing my money on another degree I might as well blow my budget for the grab bag.