Christmas Presents/"Toys"?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
well you don't have to be christian to celebrate the capitalistic holiday of christmas..

Well, I guess I'm a hardcore atheist. However, I do listen to death metal a lot. Go figure...

Anywaste, for an "evil version" of Christmas grab bag that I do with my friends in January I did buy a 2GB iPod Nano. They usually like to about $30, but what the hell since I'm thinking about blowing my money on another degree I might as well blow my budget for the grab bag.Ever heard "No Presents For Christmas"....by King Diamond? He's great, and a funny tune too. :p

Ever heard "No Presents For Christmas"....by King Diamond? He's great, and a funny tune too. :p[/quote]

Actually, I missed that single and kinda forgot about it. I'll download it. It's been a while since I heard something good from King Diamond. The last album of his that I have is Abigail II: The Revenge. It was mediocre. His older stuff was much better I particularly like Abigail, Conspiracy, Voodoo, and House of God. The Eye wasn't bad either.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Actually, I missed that single and kinda forgot about it. I'll download it. It's been a while since I heard something good from King Diamond. The last album of his that I have is Abigail II: The Revenge. It was mediocre. His older stuff was much better I particularly like Abigail, Conspiracy, Voodoo, and House of God. The Eye wasn't bad either.
My fave is old..."Fatal Portrait". his first solo. No presents is old too...probably ~'86/'87. :D I also love old "Merciful Fate". :wink:

PS. I'm old(41), and like the old "metal". I bought Kill 'Em All when it first hit the stores...~'82.

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
What did I get for Christmas?
-I passed all of my classes.
-My sister graduated from college.
-I got to see family from here, there, and everywhere, some of whom I haven't seen in 5 or 6 years which was the best present of all.
-Mom got me a waffle iron which means I'll be able to cook myself breakfast in my dorm because the cafeteria food is pretty week.
-I also got a nice 12 guage shotgun from my uncle so that I can have my own gun to use when hunting.

I bought my own "present" in November, a X1900 Crossfire setup, and a nice new SeaSonic PSU. That'll be the last present I buy for three years unless I can get a good internship in my engineering field.

Being an artist/engineer, all of my presents for the next few years are going to be things that I draw/paint/build myself. Kinda brings a new meanint to personal touch.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I got an Opta-tron 175 and BattleField 2

One payment out of 60 on her car is more expensive than my entire gift.

Yea, but her car drives on real roads. Your BF2 tanks are stuck inside that little Opta-tron.

Gotta love the current Opty pricing! I picked up two 170s recently.

My fave is old..."Fatal Portrait". his first solo. No presents is old too...probably ~'86/'87. :D I also love old "Merciful Fate". :wink:

PS. I'm old(41), and like the old "metal". I bought Kill 'Em All when it first hit the stores...~'82.

I have Fatal Portrait too, but I never really liked it much.

I would have to say that Abigail was a pivotal album for me because before then I refused to listen to music that uses synthesizers. Afterwards I developed a tolerance for synthesizers, but up to this very day I still perfer music without them. However, for King Diamond the synthesizer is a must because of this high pitch voice.

Yeah, Metallica was good until Cliff Burton died. Afterwards it just wasn't the same. "One" was laskluster in my opinion. When they went commercial with their Black Album, I immediately dropped them.

The are some good metal bands out right now, but they really can't compete with the old guards likes Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Metallica (when Cliff Burton was still alive & kicking) and Venom (new Venom sucks).

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

I nearly lost a friend because he thought I played Kill too often. He was in the process of melowing out and didn't want to admit he liked it. I think it was because his new girlfriend didn't like metal and wanted him to play New Age at 57dB or less. New Age was a strange genre - kind of like a laxitive for some folks. I liked some of it because it was like reloading the cannon.

I got an Opta-tron 175 and BattleField 2

One payment out of 60 on her car is more expensive than my entire gift.

Yea, but her car drives on real roads. Your BF2 tanks are stuck inside that little Opta-tron.

Gotta love the current Opty pricing! I picked up two 170s recently.

Yes, but sometimes it's safer to be driving a hummer inside of my Opta-tron than it is to be driving in Detroit!

Merry New Year all!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
ok i got my Xbox 360

:D

but no games LOL

Dude --- Gears of War --- get it!

COD3, cool, but Gears is just frigging' amazing.
I Agree, I played GROW at a preview at the EB Games and it was AMAZING! I'm an only Child but am a few generations behind in most of my technology, I've got a PsOne, and Ive got, The current PC is about as updated as a low-end system from 2002> See my Sig

Gears Of War - if nothing else just Gears, it'll keep you going for a few weeks.

I gave ST: Legacy a whirl. It was a bit difficult to your ship into a good firing position since you have limited firing arcs. It's a game that I would definitely recommend a wide screen for. I suppose after a while of playing I would get used to the controls and intuitively know what each ship's firing arcs are.

There's only one save point per mission so if the mission takes an hour to play and you mess up towards the end, guess what? You'll need to replay the entire mission from the start. It makes me a bit hesitant about buying the game.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
You'd figure that a civilization that had the technology to build warp 9 starships would allow you to shoot in 360, but again that would be too easy. I was really looking forward to Legacy and just couldn't believe how badly Bethesda had boned it. I think they are rushing out a major revision since they have been lambasted by the critics.

As for Rocky, have you heard of the next one? Rocky VII, the Resurrection. :lol:

You'd figure that a civilization that had the technology to build warp 9 starships would allow you to shoot in 360, but again that would be too easy. I was really looking forward to Legacy and just couldn't believe how badly Bethesda had boned it. I think they are rushing out a major revision since they have been lambasted by the critics.

I think it was MadDog (or something like that) who developed the game. Bethesda just publishes it.

I'm more interested in their FPS version of Fallout. I wonder when they will release some promos of it.

As for Rocky, have you heard of the next one? Rocky VII, the Resurrection. :lol:
No I thought it was Rocky XVII - On Ice