Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Any one get a QX6700?
Any one get a ATI Radeon 1950XTX?
Any one GeForce 8800 GTX?
Crossfire 8O ?
SLi :eek: ?
Quad-Sli 8O ?
Well I didn't get anything because I don't celebrate Christmas but I just want to hear what everyone who does had got.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To Everybody :D !!!

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
the pc in my sig, a Viewsonic VX922 monitor, a Razer Copperhead (im left handed, so no G7 for me), a Razer Tarantula, and a Razer Mantis mouse pad. and what did i give? a crapload of credit card debt to alot of people. sadl most of it is still in the mail. :cry:

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Ah, my sig is currently down! Here goes:

Silverstone SST-TJ07-BW Case
Thermaltake Toughpower 750 watt
eVGA nForce 680i motherboard
E6700 @ 2.66 GHz (will oc once I get this)
2GB Cosair XMS2 DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12
GeForce 8800 GTX
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
2x 320 GB Seagate Barracudas

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (came with the 8800 GTX)
Company of Heroes
The Battle for Middle-Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King

Some gift cards, cash, movies, only two things of clothes!, and the new Dune book by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

I have $55 to Circuit City, $40 to Wal-Mart, and $20 cash. I'm thinking of buying a large CD/DVD case (starting to accumulate a good number), but what should I buy in the way of new games?

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Thankfully i didn't get any of those mentioned in the OP, since i believe they are all a waste of money to me.

I am getting a new 20' monitor, ordering soon!! :) :)

I went from 17" to 21", trust me when I say you are gonna like it .

I bought my dad a 22" widescreen for xmas :) It's massive! His old one was a 15"

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Any one get a QX6700?
Any one get a ATI Radeon 1950XTX?
Any one GeForce 8800 GTX?
Crossfire 8O ?
SLi :eek: ?
Quad-Sli 8O ?
Well I didn't get anything because I don't celebrate Christmas but I just want to hear what everyone who does had got.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To Everybody :D !!!
I got a beastly..19"(Viewsonic) CRT...electricity sucker(my choice). I like CRT better. Been using my NEC 17" since 2001... still great, but wanted a bit bigger. I ordered a 17" LCD....then returned it. Maybe in a few more years, or if/when they bring OLED to monitors. :)

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
i got this

B000BAFN6K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

im happy

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Very cool ....

I also got a 8 piece souffle set, an all-clad non-stick set, and a Toshiba portable DVD player.... it was a good x-mas.

My wife tried to get me Dark Messiah but she got confused and got me Marrowind game of the year edition -- which I already have... will need to make a trip back to best-buy.

Jack
Same here. Apparantly Santa thought i was a very good boy. Fooled him. :wink:

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
i got the 30gb

its enough for me, i am a Music Freak though

-im saving for a second 7900gs SLI this mother

for a 180$ card its a great performer

Yeah well I know I wasn't a good boy, but I got presents anyway. Sin Episodes for one, and good on my wife for getting it for me. She didn't ask, and I'm pretty picky. I only play FPS's and I only play the cream of the crop. I usually get the games I want shortly after they come out, but with SiN, I always had another game on the go. Funny though, I never mentioned it to her, and even if I had, she wouldn't have remembered, she's just not into that sort of thing. I also got an electric razor, and some books in a new (new to me anyways) fantasy series. Sort of a fantasy buff, love Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, R.R. Martin, Tolkien of course. No hardware, but then as you can see from my sig, I don't need much. Maybe a Crossfire master card, or a 8800GTX. That said, I think I'll wait to see what R600 has in store.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I have all that I need for now. All I wanted for Christmas was a day of peace on earth. Not a month, not a year, just at least a day. A Kentsfield can come second.

Good words.

We spent a bunch of time getting the stuff our kids wanted and still have not scored a Wii. They are happy with their socket 939/Opty/1900XT rigs so game money went for DS Lites for them. Pretty nice handhelds. I got a Wacom 9x11 drawing tablet and I'm pretty happy about that.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Multimeter - I'll never get that reward of curiosity the electric shock ever again!

Glue Gun - I'm going to turn my PC case into a Pirate Ship! But first I'm going to go at it with the new gun + the fans I just bought and mount a fat 120mm as an intake for my hard disk bay.

I already bought a 250gb SATA disk (I'm now over 1tb) and an Intel Mac Mini, plus a 6m Van Damme cable, an Ibanez Tubescreamer and a BOSS DS-2 (a steal at £10) in the runup to Christmas, and left little else for other people to furnish me with today.

Oh, and a Wi-Fi sniffer - time to bust out Metasploit again!! (Joking, I only use it on my own computers...and those of people I know!)

This thread is just lovely!

redraider_gamer

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
Already had the X6800 and ATI X1900XTX, so no computer toys until summer and Vista and DX10 are well established. I'll let Da Sick Ninja et al work out the bugs before I jump. Wife gave me $250 gift credit to Tiger Direct to help pay for it all this summer.

I did get top watch my three girls (all 7 or below) have a great time on Christmas morning opening their gifts. There is NO GIFT better than watching kids smile!

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I always wanted a drawing tablet ever since I saw one being used on a Mac. But alas, I keep forgetting to buy one.

I hear you. I spent two 100 hour weeks completing a project doing all the drawing with the mouse and that sealed the deal...