Christmas theme to the site.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Hey everyone!

Just want to ask if we could get a "christmas" sort of theme going on the website?

Maybe a santa hat on one of the letters in the tomshardware logo? I don't know I just think a christmas theme addition to the website will really lighten it up for this time of the year and would show that the website is cared for and updated regularly :)

Hope this get's suggested and can be put forward!

Thanks,

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished

It's just a santa hat or something to represent christmas, it's not like it would cause WW3 or something.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished

Have tomshardware ever done a Christmas theme?

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
The website was intially made in the United States, the main celebration in the US is christmas, thanksgiving etc. Christmas being the most popular and most celebrated, now because of this a Christmas theme would go nicely, the UK's main holiday and celebration is also christmas, both the tomshardware us and uk websites are by far the most popular so those sites should get it and maybe the others don't although that would just cause concerns but whatever.

while i cannot say that i have any adversion to an xmas theme or an xmas themed banner i dont see any real point in them either as it would not be of much benefit. you are free to xmas up your own avatar and signature though if you feel the need to spruce things up for the holidays.

amazon does it because it promotes buying more than you would normally - its a marketing decision meant to improve sales.

even if it were deemed a useful feature you're still talking about coding and graphic design work and those guys are spread quite thin so only the really important stuff gets done on any quick timetable. from that standpoint alone i do not think it will get implemented outside of a few graphics the writers use in their articles or a few xmas themed articles.

The site was updated about three years ago, I don't see it happening again any time soon.

randomizer

Champion

This policy only applies to the community. Editorial break it all the time :)

Given how long it takes for site changes/features to materialise I suspect that if we were to do something like this we'd need to plan for a launch in Christmas 2019.