Chrome ''establishing secure connection'' until Edge is loaded in background.

Oct 25, 2018
So i got this very weird internet connection problem for a while now; sometimes, very random my chrome won't load, it keeps saying '' establishing secure connection''.
If i wait a few minutes it is gone most of the time and the site loads just fine.

so i found out, if i open my Edge browers, and load, lets say; google.com. and than alt-tab back to chrome(or click) the site is instantly loaded.

when first booting my pc it does not load any pages for 5 minutes or so, then after the edge trick it works fine for sometimes hours. sometimes 5 minutes.

got used to the problem for a while now and it didnt bother me at all, until recently my discord was not connecting to a channel. i opened up my edge and voila, instant connected to the channel.

so what is the deal here? and how to get rid of it.

tried reinstalling chrome, works for a half a week than the same problems occur.
also tried netsh winsock reset in CMD, reinstalled my network adapter too by removing it and let windows install it again op startup.

greetings Joren

Hello Joren

Can you please try getting rid of ARP and DNS cache? To do so, you can open Command Prompt as administrator and:

Type: netsh interface ip delete arpcache (to clear ARP cache)

Type: ipconfig /flushdns (to clear DNS cache)

Please report back any if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Oct 25, 2018

thank you, i did this, rebooted, after an hour the problems came back, openened edge and it instantly loaded again. :\
so it did not work.

grtz

Hello again

Can you please check if your router's and computer's date, time, and region are set correctly?

Also please check if your router is configured to obtain the IP and DNS server addresses automatically (if you haven't specifically requested for static addresses from your ISP)?

Cheers!!

Oct 25, 2018
hey dude,

i checked and as far as i can see everythiong is in AUTO and the date and time go with the internettime from time.windows.com.
my modemrouter is from a big company called Ziggo in Holland, it does most of the settings for itself to make it easier for everyone to setup their connectbox. it is or the router that is not ok, or my windows10. getting realy tired of the issue.

greeting Jw