[SOLVED] Chrome insufficient rights

Dayummm

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
When I try to uninstall chrome it says insufficient rights even though im signed as an admin

I removed chrome manually but in uninstall programs, chrome is still there

How can I remove chrome from uninstall programs or get rights to uninstall it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
is this on your new install? that is an odd error. I assume the user you made is linked to an email address? Only 2 types of users on Win 10, Admin accounts and local users. Your main user is auto admin.

try reinstalling it and then remove it again?

Dayummm

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
It happened because I changed programfilesdir in regedit then installed chrome,
And I couldnt uninstall anymore (I will never ever change programfilesdir just because some program like chrome, discord dont have option to choose install location :/)

I changed the value in regedit back but still can not uninstall

I tried removing manually chrome, install back, uninstall multiple times - still insufficient rights

The chrome in uninstall programs doesnt even have icon

Colif

Win 11 Master
why are you messing in registry?

I never go in there, I find you can fix almost everything in windows without even opening it.

You could use system restore and see if there is a restore point prior to you changing registry as it saves a copy.

Colif

Win 11 Master
win 10 isn't granular enough to let you change that directory and not want to install drivers into it. Drivers aren't smart, they written assuming they will be on C. You can break windows doing that.

His boot drive appears to be 240gb so its not just to save space. I don't know how big the hdd is, he used to have a 500gb but it was replaced last October.

Dayummm

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
Idk, everything seems working I changed the values back almost immediately
I will just reinstall OS if things were really bad
I just wanted to have all installed software in one location, ik big mistake and stoopid reason to mess with registry :C
I rarely go to registry myself

and the google chrome issue was resolved by revo uninstaller
so very nice, hopefully everything is ok ;-;

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution