Chrome opens up with spam tabs on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcnloladdict

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Random new tabs open on chrome, usually about every 40~ minutes, even if chrome is closed, happens with no other browser, only solution I have found so far is to uninstall chrome. It began about 2 weeks ago, I've no idea from what I got the adware or whatever it is but I have not been able to remove it, I've tried using antiviruses and anti malwares but nothing works, I've done full scans with windows defender, malwarebytes, I've tried stuff like adwcleaner but with no luck.

Pcnloladdict

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
It is not, I've done all of that and also tried reseting chrome multiple times, did not work.

Pcnloladdict

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

It is indeed strange, I've scanned it with multiple antivirues and anti-malware softwares, could give bit defender a shot though

Pcnloladdict

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

It is indeed strange, I've scanned it with multiple antivirues and anti-malware softwares, could give bit defender a shot though, it also happens if I don't log in with my Google account on chrome so it isn't that

Pcnloladdict

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

Well, it seems to have been fixed with malware bytes, I kinda got a cracked premium version of it and it seems to have done the job this time around, it has not happened for the past hour and a half, thank you either way, if for some reason it does happen again I'll try out your suggestion. I am on win 10 also.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
You do not need to use a cracked security software, also if any security software fails to recognize the crack and issue a warning is not the security software you want, I'm sure malwarebytes will soon detect you are using a cracked version when it updates. The free version is more than adequate to solve this problem provided if its updated before scanning since it has never failed me yet on my pc or when I use it on others. Also I recommend using RogueKiller free version, Hitman pro 30 days trial, malwarebytes, emsisoft since it uses bitdefender scanning engine and their data base along with emsisoft own malware and virus scanning engines so you get two fold check in one go. In case of serious issues you can try all these which has never failed ultimately to remove all infections without resorting to stealing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.