Chrome scrolling lag

May 18, 2018
Hi, im using latest google chrome , its too laggy in facebook while scrolling and also in some websites, i have 6gb of ram ddr3 nvidia gt 710 latest driver and intel core 2 quad q8200 2.33ghz
I installed windows 7 same issue also 8/8.1/10 32bit and 64 actually im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Also there is no extentions in chrome its clean and i don't know why scrolling is noot smooth and laggy.
Just i want to know where is the problem because the problem in hardware not software and i dont know if that was the cpu or gpu . I used my gt 710 witb core i7 4770k and there is no scrolling issue its fine.
And when i use firefox quantum in my q8200 there is no lag that was only in chrome.

Solution

Ehhh not much. I'd recommend upgrading to a new motherboard platform entirely so you can put a better CPU in there. Just make sure your PSU is compatible with whatever you upgrade to, obviously. (Able to supply enough power, having the right connectors, etc.)

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Ehhh not much. I'd recommend upgrading to a new motherboard platform entirely so you can put a better CPU in there. Just make sure your PSU is compatible with whatever you upgrade to, obviously. (Able to supply enough power, having the right connectors, etc.)

Solution

thephenom696

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Screw you. Ryzen 2600 with 1050Ti and 16gb, still very laggy. Feels like a dual core machine using Facebook with chrome

Dec 30, 2018
Disable smooth scrolling in Chrome and quite the opposite happens, where scrolling is faster, more responsive and accurate. Open a new tab in Chrome, paste the key below in the address bar and select disable next to the setting after loading the page. Then restart your browser and test. You can also try lowering your screen refresh rate or simply clean and speed up your computer.

chrome://flags/#disable-smooth-scrolling