Chrome slow to start?

MichaelTS

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Since switching to a new computer and copy/posting my chrome settings from my old one, Chrome has been slow to start up. The shortcuts on my homepage and the icons for my bookmarks take a long time to load after starting the browser. Firefox is working just fine, however.

Solution
Delete and reinstall chrome. Login to Chrome with your Google account, all your settings will be restored from Google. Its very likely the files you copied in for your settings and bookmarks are causing the slowdown. Start there and we can move forward.
Feb 24, 2018
go to chrome setting, go to advanced at the bottom. click on open proxy settings. go to connections tab, click on lan settings, uncheck "automatically detect settings". let me know if this fixed it.

MichaelTS

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
None of the suggestions above worked. Incognito mode and disabling extensions made no difference. Cleared cookies, cache, browsing history, and used reset settings. Hardware acceleration is disabled and I have no viruses. Any other solutions?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Delete and reinstall chrome. Login to Chrome with your Google account, all your settings will be restored from Google. Its very likely the files you copied in for your settings and bookmarks are causing the slowdown. Start there and we can move forward.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS