Chrome slowing down my pc with weird interaction as well

Jun 4, 2018
Chrome slowing down my pc, not just that but it refreshes my windows home screen whenever I freshly start chrome. Refreshing a page slows my mouse pointer as well, around 1.2 seconds. Why is this happening?

refreshing causing slow down only happens when I come back to pc from "display turn off after 10 minute" mode.
-Windows 10 pro
-8gb 2400mhz RAM
-SSD 250gb , HDD 300gb
-Intel i5 7500

ctornado

Prominent
Oct 29, 2018
Chrome is extremely memory intensive. It could simply be that the updater, crash handler, or something else of Chrome's began running in the background while the computer was idle and began slowing the computer down. So, when you go to get back on the computer, or refresh a page, everything is less responsive. You can go into task manager and have a look at the processes to see what might be causing the response issue.

My suggestion is to try a different browser or get more RAM to solve the slowing problem. I'm not quite sure what would cause your home screen to refresh itself. Perhaps a virus?

EDIT:

Try this for the refresh problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXUMGlSE3Fo

Jun 4, 2018
The video didn't help out, it really didn't change. If I have chrome already open and I want another chrome open, it does not refresh the home screen. It only happens if I don't have any chrome open, so pretty much first chrome page. It kinda slows down my pc for a split second during chrome start up. Maybe the ram? Not really sure, need someone to confirm this.

Jun 4, 2018
PING : 5 ms
Download Speed : 501.35 Mbps
Upload Speed : 112.41 Mbps

*Measured by speedtest.net

Quite decent, I don't think that's the issue here. Problems I can think of is, RAM or Extensions (only have 3, adblocker, honey, dark mode) or maybe other possible solution that I'm not aware of.