Question Chrome takes 5 seconds to launch instead on instant on click on new PC

Jul 4, 2016
Hello everyone,

So ever since I built my new PC my chrome browser takes like 5-6 seconds to open after I click on it. Once chrome is open though all searches are instant. My issue is that on my old PC my chrome opened the second I clicked it and the PC I built is much better. The specs for my new PC are i7-9700k, rtx 2070 super, z390 e motherboard and 16gb ram. I have already tried to delete and reinstall it but that did not fix the issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Could be that things are being slowed down by some system attempts to update, backup, phone home, etc. Could be Chrome, Windows, or other apps.

That said, how many "tries" have you attempted? May take some time for your build to catch up on all necessary and needed updates. Once caught up, Chrome may again immediately launch.

Run either Resource Monitor or Task Manager to discover what the system and/or Chrome may be doing (or trying to do) while opening. Could be something else slowing Chrome's launch.

Jul 4, 2016
Could be that things are being slowed down by some system attempts to update, backup, phone home, etc. Could be Chrome, Windows, or other apps.

That said, how many "tries" have you attempted? May take some time for your build to catch up on all necessary and needed updates. Once caught up, Chrome may again immediately launch.

Run either Resource Monitor or Task Manager to discover what the system and/or Chrome may be doing (or trying to do) while opening. Could be something else slowing Chrome's launch.

Well this has been happening since I built the pc. Its almost been a month since I built the pc so it should be caught up on all updates and everything.

Ralston18

Titan
Very good.

That narrows it down to working out what is taking that extra 5-6 seconds.

Try Resource Manager. Open and slide the window to one side. Do nothing and allow the system to become stable.

Launch Chrome and observe what all the system does or tries to do until Chrome actually opens.

Jul 4, 2016
Very good.

That narrows it down to working out what is taking that extra 5-6 seconds.

Try Resource Manager. Open and slide the window to one side. Do nothing and allow the system to become stable.

Launch Chrome and observe what all the system does or tries to do until Chrome actually opens.

Sorry for the late response, I had to go to my aunts house. Did you mean resource monitor? In resource monitor what am I suppose to look at because when I look at it, I dont see chrome till it launches.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes I did mean Resource Monitor. Apologies for mislabeling the tool.

Look at what resource changes occur by comparing resources and resource %'s before and after Chrome is launched.

Task Manager could be used in much the same manner.

Based on @USAFRet's post - maybe look at the disk drives and what is (or is not) happening when Chrome is launched.

Also suggest that you update your response regarding the three drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Jul 4, 2016
Yes I did mean Resource Monitor. Apologies for mislabeling the tool.

Look at what resource changes occur by comparing resources and resource %'s before and after Chrome is launched.

Task Manager could be used in much the same manner.

Based on @USAFRet's post - maybe look at the disk drives and what is (or is not) happening when Chrome is launched.

Also suggest that you update your response regarding the three drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Ok I watched the cpu usage before and after. So before I hit launch chrome I will sit at like 6-9% cpu usuage. When I click chrome it stays at 6-9% but the second before chrome opens it will spike to like 27-30% and when the tab is open, back down to like 10-15%.