Chrome To Block Sites With New SHA-1 Certificates Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
This is great so don't get me wrong but I always come to the same conclusion. Who is google to decide what sights are blocked? I mean shouldn't Goggle, Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla, and a 3rd party Independent company. Be the ones deciding as a unified body what happens? What happens if Google Suddenly decides they don't like XYZ. At this point in the game Google is such a large player. That they pretty much can shape and control the internet as they deem fit. It also kind of bites me the broken mess that is Android. I know a lot of people blame the cell phone carriers for not pushing updates. How many people realistically blame Dell, HP, Gateway, what have you when there computer breaks from not having a Windows update installed? Why isn't google more focused on fixing that then trying to solve other peoples issues?.

The blocking is not complete; it is merely a warning. You can continue to the site if you want to.

HP, Dell, and the rest don't have control over Windows Update, nor do they stop you from using it. The carriers have control and refuse to issue updates in a timely manner, if at all, so of course they are to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.