Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Hi, Hope'y doin' fine, So basically the problem here is that the CHROME browser wanna kill my CPU i5-8600k, I dun't have installed any extension on chrome or sorta other such stuff
I dun't know what causes chrome use that much CPU just only single tab and CHROME is still there when it's existed/not runnin'. I have attached a few pics to this thread as well...
Lookin' forward to gettin' help off you guys...

SNAP#1: https://ibb.co/rwtq10w
SNAP#2: https://ibb.co/xHPj5Qt

Hi, Hope'y doin' fine, So basically the problem here is that the CHROME browser wanna kill my CPU i5-8600k, I dun't have installed any extension on chrome or sorta other such stuff
I dun't know what causes chrome use that much CPU just only single tab and CHROME is still there when it's existed/not runnin'. I have attached a few pics to this thread as well...
Lookin' forward to gettin' help off you guys...

SNAP#1: https://ibb.co/rwtq10w
SNAP#2: https://ibb.co/xHPj5Qt
Scan for viruses with free BitDefender and scan for spywares with free Malewarebytes.

Clear your Chrome cookies and history in settings to remove adwares.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
CPU temp is okay... It's onto a hyper 212 led turbo.
It ain't fresh but be sure there is nothin' like malwares. idk what's occuring this high usage for chrome.

Are you running any extensions on Chrome aside from the pre-loaded ones? Can you also check Chrome's own Task Manager and see where it reports all the resources are going. That might offer some further insight.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Are you running any extensions on Chrome aside from the pre-loaded ones? Can you also check Chrome's own Task Manager and see where it reports all the resources are going. That might offer some further insight.
Through some research on google I performed that yesterday and on its own task manager it shows google only and that doesn't lead me to anywhere.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Through some research on google I performed that yesterday and on its own task manager it shows google only and that doesn't lead me to anywhere.

Ahh, OK. Not really sure what to suggest beyond a complete uninstall and reinstall as that has always been the general fix for me or removing some CPU abusing extensions. Chrome is a resource hog on its best days and a monster otherwise.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Ahh, OK. Not really sure what to suggest beyond a complete uninstall and reinstall as that has always been the general fix for me or removing some CPU abusing extensions. Chrome is a resource hog on its best days and a monster otherwise.
I really could have reinstalled OS but thinkin' of load time of GTA V, I installed it on NVME m.2 and I dun't own the setup anymore so that would be a huge tragic to the PC, My internet would take months to download that again if I perform a fresh OS install... Hopin' I could get help or would be forced to switch onto other browsers.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
I really could have reinstalled OS but thinkin' of load time of GTA V, I installed it on NVME m.2 and I dun't own the setup anymore so that would be a huge tragic to the PC, My internet would take months to download that again if I perform a fresh OS install... Hopin' I could get help or would be forced to switch onto other browsers.

Switching to another Browser wouldn't actually be such a bad thing to do as a test. I mean, a lot of the browsers are Chrome-based anyway. (Brave, Edge, etc). You could end up fixing the issue and find something that works 99.9% the same in the end.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
so when you said these, what did you do exactly?
Just like heading over to the user on the right top of Chrome and clicking it, one more click to the GEAR setting Icon and removing the user that contains cookies, history, password and other sorta stuff. for the uninstallations I did it on control panel and for further stuff I deleted the GOOGLE folder in temp under %appdata% Downloaded it off EDGE and installed it back again still havin' this issue. even now CPU FANS are creating so noise and the cpu usage is like hittin' over 85%, this is eating my mind for the CPU, this stuff only used to happen when I gamed on GTA V with some 3d party graphics for ultra look and now this chrome is killing it.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Switching to another Browser wouldn't actually be such a bad thing to do as a test. I mean, a lot of the browsers are Chrome-based anyway. (Brave, Edge, etc). You could end up fixing the issue and find something that works 99.9% the same in the end.
I'm facin' no problems with EDGE and would look up to this Tor and use it as usual.

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
so how do you know it is not malware?
what site is the chrome on?
There ain't any, why'd be some? I haven't downloaded anythin' or went to such web pages that contains viruses..
As per advice I wrote on the post that this doesn't require a website to happen... it happens when you have only 1 clean tab and when you exit chrome it's still there in Task Manger hoggin' cpu.