Chromecast casting through multiple Access Points.

PolskeBol

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015
Hello and merry christmas! I'm trying to set up my Chromecast to work on my multi-AP home network. I've got the router downstairs, to which the chromecast (1st gen) is connected via WI-FI, and then my TP LINK TL-WDR3600 is connected to my router via ethernet. My PC is, in turn, connected to the WDR3600 via ethernet. So i'm using this app called videostream, which let's you stream videos stored on your computer to chromecast. when i plug my pc in directly to the router, it works like a charm, but when it's connected to the AP, it doesn't seem to work. Keep in mind that both the router, and the AP have the same SSID and password. Does anyone know a solution? Thanks and happy holidays!

kanewolf

Titan
Do you have the TP-Link correctly configured as an access point? Do you have the incoming connection from the main router connected to a LAN or WAN port on the TP-Link? Is the subnet of the PC the same as the chromecast when it is connected to the TP-Link?

kanewolf

Titan

Is the subnet for the PC the same? The third number in the IP address is what I am asking about. If, for example, your main router had 192.168.99.x as the DHCP range, both the PC and the chromecast would be .99 .